No announcement yet.

Behringer Pedals ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Pedals ?

Last edited by gardo; 04-17-2019, 09:18 PM.

I'm fan of China peddow. I now have more good tone for less than the price of one boutique anything.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Oh, the JHS guy. I like him.

We all know the deal by now...

1) Most are clones/work-a-likes of Boss pedals
      2) OMG, plastic stompbox!! Won't hold up to gigging! (No mentions on forums of anyone's Behringer pedal housing breaking)
      3) Made in China (like 99% of consumer electronics)

Supposedly most of them sound very much like their Boss counterparts, which is what he's showing in the video. Cliff notes version: the analog pedals sound spot-on compared to their Boss counterparts, but the digital pedals don't sound exactly the same.

I thought Behringer is phasing out their pedal line?

This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

I go by the rule of thumb, buy it right the first time and buy it once.
        If the Behringer pedals work for you, do it. They have a digital modeling tube amp for 24 bucks. You can afford to by 2 or 3 of them, which you may need to do.

On that note, I'm not a pedal collector.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

No Boss clones here. Mine actually sound good.

@ gardo, I liked Behenger better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
            No Boss clones here. Mine actually sound good.

@ gardo, I liked Behenger better.
            me can spend sum money hear

Comment

They may 'sound as good' [I had watched some of that video the other day out of curiosity, but he never discussed build quality issues...] but the switches, jacks, pots, leds, etc. are all el cheepie Chinese junque...a month of daily play will quickly kill the stomp switches. The guy owns TC Helicon for pete's sake, this is just ego gratification for him....
              Last edited by daddymack; 04-18-2019, 10:52 AM.
              "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
                Oh, the JHS guy. I like him.
                Yeah, me too - the more I hear from him, the more impressed I am.

I thought Behringer is phasing out their pedal line?
                I hadn't heard that.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
                  I'm fan of China peddow. I now have more good tone for less than the price of one boutique anything.
                  I still haven't seen any of the Chinese companies making clones of the "boutique" stuff that I'm personally most interested in - but that often tends to be the more complex, large and expensive stuff like the Mutron Bi-Phase and the various Lovetone pedals. Not enough of a market for them I guess...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                    They may 'sound as good' [I had watched some of that video the other day out of curiosity, but he never discussed build quality issues...] but the switches, jacks, pots, leds, etc. are all el cheepie Chinese junque...a month of daily play will quickly kill the stomp switches. The guy owns TC Helicon for pete's sake, this is just ego gratification for him....
                    So how many have you personally killed ?

Comment

Me? None, however, some of the guys I mentored over the years, as well as my studio partner have owned or own Behringer units [including their 'Eurotrash' mixers],and they ask if the unit can be repaired. Most of them are so cheap to buy, there is no point in even opening them up. Most typical failure has been the stomp switch, I've seen at least six dead ones over the past five or so years...then pots...either 'collapsed' or scratchy to the point of just creating noise. I have a credo 'friends don't let friends buy Behringer'.
                      BTW, I love their high-end pro mixers like the X32...done a number of big stage gigs through them, but the low-end stuff is fakakta...
                      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

I still haven't seen any of the Chinese companies making clones of the "boutique" stuff that I'm personally most interested in - but that often tends to be the more complex, large and expensive stuff like the Mutron Bi-Phase and the various Lovetone pedals. Not enough of a market for them I guess...
                        (thankfully) I'm not the sonic monument type and concern myself with credible drive tones. Towards that end I've found wondrous tones from several China companies covering Fender/Marshall/ and Dumble of all things. Happy as all the clams I play.

Comment

When I Was an asst GM to a chain of music stores in Washington state, I met with the Behringer rep. First thing he said, was "stay away from our guitar stuff." That told me a lot. (That WAS 11 years ago, so I am pretty sure their QC went up, or else they would be out of business.)

For the most part, Behringer's are pretty good clones of other makers work and ideas. their one mixer, a direct clone of the Mackie 1604. Sounded the same, same headroom, all the same bells and whistles.... EXCEPT reliability. For every 10 we got in the stores, 6 were defective in some way. And of the 4 that went out, 2 would come back a month later with various issues.
                          However, 25 bucks for a clone of a $250 vintage pedal.. Yeah, I'll get. I have a soldering iron and skill in replacing parts. Besides, I don't gig out anymore.

My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
                          Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

The last time I shopped for a pedal I looked at Behringer but passed because of the plastic case

Comment

Originally posted by gardo View Post
                              The last time I shopped for a pedal I looked at Behringer but passed because of the plastic case
                              I read that Behringa opted for plastic because of the sheer volume of their production. They also supply a good deal of their parts to the cloners. Most of the Cino stuff comes in sturdy metal boxes and when they say this or that clone, you get a pretty satisfying rendition albeit not exactly the sonic detail of the originals.

Comment

Working...
                              X