NGD!! Peerless content!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all, last week I walked into Sam Ash, and saw they had a small supply of Peerless guitars. I picked one up, and instantly fell in love. However, being on a strict guitar budget, I decided to wait a week, just to make sure the love was still there. A week later, yup, still there. So I put a deposit down on it, and today, after some wheeling and dealing with other guitars, she came home with me!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32497850}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32497852}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32497853}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32497851}[/ATTACH]

A Peerless Retromatic P2. Laminate maple top that has a hint of birdseye/quilt to it, maple neck, a hum sized P90 in the neck and a hum in the bridge. The typical 3 way switch and vol/tone. Nice touch with the roller bridge. The fretboard, supposedly rosewood, but feels more like an unstained ebony, has a great feel to it, with all the frets perfectly seated and beautifully round. Could use a polish, since there is a little bit of a scratchy feel when bending.

Fit and finish, other then the frets needing a polish, is outstanding! (Probably from sitting for 5 years or so unsold.) The controls have a great taper, the tone being noticable around 7ish. Pickups themselves are nice to my ears. I like a neck pickup being a little darker sounding, and this excells at that. The bridge sounds real nice by itself also. (They are Peerless own design.) The guitar sustains and resonates super well, especially with the mahogany center block. AND it came with a hard case! All for less then the price of an Epiphone!

• Members

Emory, the weight is on the hefty side, being around the 9lbs more or less. And as for a trem…. I'm not normally a trem guy. At one point I had 15 with trems, now just 5. There was a version of this available with a Les trem, and a varitone, the P3, but... the varitone I can add if I want, and really not into the trem.

Archived