50 dollar pawn shop find!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all. Found this beasties for a whopping 50 bucks, and me being me, how could I say no? It's a 2010/11 Gladiator Paul Jr copy. Made in China, bolt on mahogany neck, mahogany body with a single P90 in the bridge. Has the standard "Kluless" style tuners that workish. Controls work as they should, with this stupid beefy neck that I have grown to love since the arthritis is acting up. I will be adding a neck P90 within the next week or so.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32486503}[/ATTACH]

• Members
Congrats!

So... how does it sound?

Like..... "Plug me into that damn Marshall, and let's RAWK!"

I can get that Leslie West "Mississippi Queen" tone with ease, and can go into a nice chimey clean with a twist of the volume knob. The P90 has all the bite you would expect, but little of the hum you would expect also. The tone control does it's job, with a nice taper on it, becoming noticeable around 7. Getting it balanced with all the strings has been a bit of challenge, requiring a few twists of the screw driver on each pole piece. But the chunky neck is a joy. The only issue is a slightly wonky 19th fret on the low E, but when was the last time you played a Bb at the 18th fret on the low E on a single cut?

Archived