Extreme pain in the right hand for speed

ratson page 3

• Members

Good companions, well and wanted to take off the flight of the bumblebee so I decided that I did not have enough speed to play this song so I decided to look for exercises to increase my speed, well then after a few months practicing and practicing these exercises when returning to the song noticed that it was no longer complicated for me but as I spent my time doing these exercises and playing the song, I noticed an extreme pain in my right hand when I wanted to synchronize my speed in my left hand with my right hand with which I played the plectrum,

I have too much speed in the left hand of which my right hand can not continue and when I try to follow the same speed it hurts a lot, not hard nor 1 minute touching at this speed I think they are like 250 bpm in my left hand already with my right the top is like 190, and practiced and practiced for about a year all this flight of the bumblebee and the exercises, a mez I go up 3 bpm then 6 then 12 18 and so I go and nothing still hurts me I have been 1 year like this someone Do you know if I'm doing something wrong? because I move my doll like my whole life to play with the pua, but I was forced to use the full arm to move the pua thing which tires very little but I see that the precision decreases something else when I play on the bridge the hand does not it lasts for 10 seconds at this speed and without the hand on the bridge it lasts much more than with the hand on the bridge.

Does anyone know why this happens? those who manage to play at higher speeds or already dominate this speed, perhaps at the level they are already in, should be played differently? which was before being shered?

• Members

People are made different in what is physically possible for each individual. Singing is a good example. If you have a Sinatra voice, Geddy Lee will elude you forever. Yngwie plays, other people sit in the audience. There is a reason for that.

You may for instance be slower but incredibly fluid, 'speed' may not be your top skill even though you dream of playing fast.

I think you have convinced yourself that a 'push to the limit' sport metaphor is appropriate to guitar, but there is more to running than the 100 metre dash.

Your hands are telling you something, listen to them and consider what is realistic and what else you may be able to offer the wide world of guitar music.

• Members

yes, maybe, I was not born to be fast and 250 is my top, what a disappointment jaj, I think I'll go to the doctor, and in passing to a professor of shered aver if something I'm doing wrong, because, I'm self-taught.

But I think I should stop playing for a month or two until I'm sure.

• Members

Question is: Is it the fingers, the hand, the wrist, or the arm that hurts after playing? It may require a different pick, or technique, to achieve what you want. Or, even a harder thing, a different thing you want to achieve. Speed is not required for style or technique, but in many cases, just to show off.

Archived