I made a song with my SX 335 copy using the 'drivetwin' effect on my Boss Recorder

mbengs1

• Members

Guitar sounded nice, I liked that. Were you using some kind of pitch shift harmony on some of the vocals? I don't think the problem is your vocals as such but the woolly recording of them. Play around with recording your voice on it's own to sharpen it up, both in terms of miking and maybe boosting the 400 hz zone a bit.

• Members
Guitar sounded nice, I liked that. Were you using some kind of pitch shift harmony on some of the vocals? I don't think the problem is your vocals as such but the woolly recording of them. Play around with recording your voice on it's own to sharpen it up, both in terms of miking and maybe boosting the 400 hz zone a bit.

That pitch shift was from the vocal effects of the br-800. It is a 3rd harmony + double. Is double like unison but just one more voice added? I heard 'double' is like 'unison' on the real boss vocal effects. Sort of like what Michael Anthony used with Van halen. I incorporated the strobe effect in the 3rd part. I thought it sounded interesting. I'm getting bored with my singing. I should look into other singers I can learn somthin from.

Archived