Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary kay white finish on Roasted swamp ash??

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary kay white finish on Roasted swamp ash??

i just orderd my first strat body
    and neck from warmoth and musikraft

but i found out that mary kay finish on roasted swamp ash turn out little dark
    becuse roasted swamp ash is darker than normal swamp ash

my warmoth body is

flame maple top and roasted swamp ash body
    and finish is mary kay white

any one got real picture of roasted swamp ash body that is finished mary kay white???
    and i'm super worried that top flame maple is bright and roasted swamp ash body is dark
    so side that two wood meet could be awful ...

(i'm from korea so my english is not that good sorry guys)

welcome here.

do you have any link to details what you ordered where? never heard from musikkraft before.

are you sure that the mary kaye finish is transparent so that the woold grain shines through the finish? i thought it is a solid white color, but i might be wrong...

if you really wanted a flame maple top you wanted a realy transparent finish on it to see all the beaty of the wood.

easiest thing send warmoth an email about your order, they need 10 weeks or so to finish a body so if you just ordered the chance are high the have not started yet.

they are very helpfull and respond very quick with any question

Comment

• 11oro
      11oro commented
      Editing a comment
      i'm 100% sure it is transparent mary kay finish warmoth offer 4 kind of white finish and mary kay white is one, and i emailed wormoth but my order was 2weeks ago so they can't change the wood.... so i pray my warmoth body turn out great and looking for any Roasted swamp ash that is finished with mary kay white and musikraft link is here https://musikraft.com/ you can google musikraft neck and it's great

i'm 100% sure it is transparent mary kay finish warmoth offer 4 kind of white finish and mary kay white is one, and i emailed wormoth but my order was 2weeks ago so they can't change the wood.... so i pray my warmoth body turn out great and looking for any Roasted swamp ash that is finished with mary kay white and musikraft link is here https://musikraft.com/ you can google musikraft neck and it's great

Comment

I don't think I've seen Mary Kay on top of roasted ash. I like the contrast between a dark body and light top, but I don't know how bad it would be since the opacity on MK is usually pretty high. You might be able to change it depending on how long ago you ordered. If I was worried about the contrast, I'd get binding and have the back painted a solid white and the top Mary Kay.

Like I said though, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Mary Kay is definitely a transparent finish.
      Write something...

Comment

• 11oro
        11oro commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for your comment i decided to stick to mary kay white top and back and hope it turn out great and next time i should think more befor i order... I should have gone roasted flame maple neck with roasted swamp ash body , roasted maple neck looks great on mary kay strat

i did a check at warmoth you are right and mary kaye is transparent. to me have the body roasted is a plus as the grain would be more visible which i personaly would like to have.
      i'm not sure how the flame maple top on a strat comes out, but thats also just my personal taste

i have a strat with a warmoth body with a discontinued transparent neon green finish and warmoth neck which i absolutely love

i hope you will love yours as much as mine, be sure to post some pictures here when it arives

Comment

• 11oro
        11oro commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks t_e_l_e , i promise to post my strat when it arrive it will take 6~8 weeks i think

if it turn out great i will order Thinlind tele too!! like 2years later... i spent all my money
        on this strat i pray it turn out great !!
    Working...
    X