Instrument breakers

1001gear

• Members
A red one has flying lessons

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"jimi red guitar.jpg","data-attachmentid":32433410}[/ATTACH]

This post from the Instrument Color thread reminded me that instrument breakers do not end well.

Hendrix, Keith Moon, Curt Cobain, Garth Brooks - still living but all but invisible. Any other breakers you know of?

• Members

Then there was the NASCAR IDIOT named Kyle Bush who smashed a custom handmade Gibson Les Paul

Doubt he can even play one

This was the last straw for me as a fan of the sport[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/assets.sbnation.com\/assets\/326289\/88275670.jpg"}[/img2]

• Members

I attended a Blue Oyster Cult concert back in the 70's and saw some guitar smahing

Two members of the band facing opposite directions swung their guitars like baseball bats . The guitars were plugged in and made the most awful crash. I thought what a waste

• Members
I attended a Blue Oyster Cult concert back in the 70's and saw some guitar smahing

Two members of the band facing opposite directions swung their guitars like baseball bats . The guitars were plugged in and made the most awul crash. I thought what a waste

Are they still around? (the two guys I mean :D I remember the band came through here within the last decade.)

• Members

After Jimi Hendrix set his strat on fire at Monterey, the practice of instrument destruction should have stopped. If was better theater and can't be topped, only copied. Well, The Who on The Smother's Brother Show also deserve top kudos. After all, Pete couldn't even hear right for some time after that over blown stunt. Every other incident just seems like bad theater.

• Members

i was there and i don`t remember girls screaming at the band ,the film makers must have dubbed that on later from a beatles concert or something ,.,actualy you could not here the solo at the end of freebird on the day, i think the sound guy cocked up or sabotaged the sound because the band were instructed not to walk down the main front stage "mick jaggers tongue" by the rolling stones it was for the stones headlining and closing the show,,all the other acts had to stay up by the amps. so the story went.

• Members
Haven't seen anybody mention Pete Townshend. He's still alive and kickin.

yes but pete shmashed his guitars more than once.after the shows the smashed guitars got "repaired" to be used on the next show... so it was just theater...

This post from the Instrument Color thread reminded me that instrument breakers do not end well.

Hendrix, Keith Moon, Curt Cobain, Garth Brooks - still living but all but invisible. Any other breakers you know of?

Pete Townshend has broken probably more guitars than anyone else I can think of. :idk:

Personally, I greatly dislike the idea. I get the theater of it, and the punk aspect, but I'd rather see those instruments being placed into the hands of underprivileged kids instead. YMMV.

Archived