Threatin, an attempt to bypass the star machine.

Chordite

• Members

Take a 15 minute scroll through this tale on the BBC today. I found it quite fascinating. The guy decides to start a band and create the whole process with fictional agents, awards and charts. Can't help thinking he would be interesting philosophically as a friend, provided one didn't get seduced into a scheme. The Journalist thinks it is done and dusted but one is left with the feeling that the guy is still rolling on a double bluff and it aint over yet.

(Sorry if this is already elsewhere on HC the search doesn't work for me)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/jered_threatin

I posted a thread about this in HCPP, but that's no problem...

Interesting approach. He had to know that he'd be found out eventually. I guess he was hoping it would be after he got his fifteen minutes of fame, or that he'd be able to parlay the blarney into actual popularity. We'll see if it works, but I doubt it will. But I do think there's probably a part two to this story still to come... :snax:

• Members
the youtube clip has 1.25 million views . good tune.

If you miss Queensryche. No diff than any other raw prog demo. Sure investors have the motherlode of disposable and could easily fund construction. It will take a new political paradigm before it can fly.

Archived