Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new American Performer series from Fender...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
    Very nice Teles! I've seen the MIJ before... didn't you post a pic of it in my bound Tele thread?

Is the neck really thin on the red AVRI Strat, with a C-shaped profile?
    yes it is, it's really slick for smaller paws like mine.

The 62 Tele RI has a little fatter neck.

I think the guitar I have with the thickest neck is a ES-135. My 135 has 57 classics, as opposed to the P100's.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I’ve got 57 classics in my 2013 SG Standard... I love those pickups!

I’ve got smaller paws too... those Fender Fullerton AVRI’s have really comfortable necks on them - at least all the ones I’ve tried have been like that.

If you ever think about selling yours, please let me know....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'd prefer it if they used the finishes from the highway one series.
        Write something...

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Flynn View Post

Yeah, the American Specials are great. I recently bought one and I love it. The Texas Specials still get that Tele thing, but they push everything a little harder than my old American Standard Tele did.

I'm going to get a '52 Reissue and have that as my traditional old school Tele, and then put a 4 way switch on the Special and have that as the rock/blues Tele.

It's all I really need. Well, and a Les Paul, gotta have one guitar with humbuckers.
          Yeah, you should get a '52 RI, they are a particularly great sounding Tele. At least mine is. It's got the deepest sounding tones of any of my Tele's but I had a harder time putting down my Am Spc. Tele. The '52 I have is stock wired so that you do not get the B+N pickup selection without installing the included mod kit. But where most Ash bodied guitars sound more "toppy" to me, that '52 is deeper sounding. I got lucky and found mine new for $800 from a ma 'n pa store. It just hadn't sold, so they were blowing it out. Lucky me. The other thing that was a bit troubling is that I read that they did a nitro finish over the top of a thin poly finish. Assuming that was correct, I noticed that I was getting the "tacky" feel nitro without the fabled benefit. But regardless of those internet philosophies, it does indeed sound great. Mine was bought somewhere around the beginning of the 2000s, so I imagine their may have been some slight tweaks to the manufacturing since I picked up one. Happy hunting!
          A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Working...
          X