is this the ugliest guitar ever?

t_e_l_e

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"u59vqgavd9nanxxn0uic.jpg","data-attachmentid":32395399}[/ATTACH]

https://reverb.com/item/16393803-canton-tim-miller-model-left-handed-with-roland-gk-pickup-from-germany

and its left handed?

who does buy something like this?

why was something build in the first place?

call me old school, but i do not get these "modern" guitar designs...

• Members

^yeah yeah the wang caster etc... but this is meant serious and is fully custom built,who buys something like that...

yeah steinbergers are ugly, but they were a thing in the 80's like a lot stuff of the 80's we nowadays deny we have done.. but this???

• Members

I think it looks like a design that would have come out of the Bauhaus in the 1930's. I like that aspect but would have made something more symmetrical were it me.

All the points of bodily contact are still in the right places it just doesn't have that simulacral classical guitar shape that makes the les paul such a gross kitch parody, only eclipsed by McCartneys violin bass.

The best guitar design is the stratocaster because it was designed from "form follows function"ergonomics so went straight to ideal. It will never be surpassed

• Members

Seriously.... if it were a righty, I would like it. I like that kind of design.

The worst? These two..

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tcorvus.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t92.8 KB ID:\t32395609","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32395609","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

• Members

so there people here who would play this? *wonders* most of you are older than me and more vintage :)

i just posted the lefty because its very unusal the such an oddball exists as lefty.. for sure the majority of there guitars are "normal"

http://cantoncustominstruments.com/

and they are custom instruments and they are pricey...

but absolutely not my cup of tea, the don't look that someone could rawk with them...

Archived