No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Roy Clark

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Roy Clark

I'm a drummer so don't hold that against me, but growing up, one of my favorite entertainers and guitarist was Roy Clark. I just loved his TV personality - especially when he was playing guitar. One of the greatest pickers of all time.
    He was 85.

Variety story on his passing.

Thanks
    D
    Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Roy could play anything with strings! An amazing talent...I was just posting about him the other day...very sorry to hear this...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

I was a huge fan when I was younger. When I first started playing guitar I wanted to play like Roy Clark. I still can't <Sigh> He'll be missed for sure.
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I watched and listened to Roy much on Hee Haw...

Comment

Great guitarist, he’s probably pickin’ and a-grinnin’ with Buck Owens in Heaven. Rest In Peace.

Comment

Roy Clarck had a huge influence on me . I loved hearing him play on Hee Haw. I even started out with the Roy Clark Big Note Guitar Book
            Rest in peace Roy

Comment

Working...
            X