SRV Blues/Rock Take.

McsLk

• Members

With SRV you should develop your rhythm to coincide with your lead playing. Study some SRV videos and you'll notice he plays a lot of rhythm and shoot into leads and back constantly. On a number of songs he's working his butt off, very intense.

You sound good, but it is more of a Santana styling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
What do you mean you prevert B)?

Wadja mean prevert? I'm way past vert. I mean this is a forum. Do some typing. Ask questions, answer questions, start topics etc... there's this Lab Band guy. The covers are very good but he'll post his cover and then all else he has to say is, " Oh thank you for your kind words." Gets old but quick.

• Members

Ohh I see. You are a kind of a forum sheriff.

When I find the right topic, I will try to give some helpful advice. I do not see any need to comment in your current style because ...

it does not lead to anything.

I am a foreign language person, but your irony is at least petty.

• Members
Ohh I see. You are a kind of a forum sheriff.

When I find the right topic, I will try to give some helpful advice. I do not see any need to comment in your current style because ...

it does not lead to anything.

I am a foreign language person, but your irony is at least petty.

No I'm not even a mod here. I do take offense at the show and tell types that come around to spread their fame. :freak: The real irony is half of 'em are mediocre at best and not even worth a cover charge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it's fine when people ask for opinion on their playing. I remember how many experienced players made suggestions that helped improve my playing over the years.

I didn't have the advantage of being able to post examples online to get help. It's great that people can do that now.

• Members

You do not know anything and you try to be a 'wiseman'. Everything I can present now is the result of analyzing comments on discussion forums. Just stop posting on my topics, it's pointless.

Excuse me? This isn't your call. You get an honest assessment from me; something missing in all the schmooze. (you can search around for the definition.) Because of the language barrier I'll refrain from deliberately inflaming this condition. I will tell you that if you solicit critique, I'll be around to offer it. And incidentally, the high gain on my comments IS the critique - got you reacting too; albeit uselessly.

Your demos so far are superficial emulations. Mostly whatever chops you got that apply. You share this trait with a huge body of "musicians" and you gotta do what you do. Music is way deeper than that. obviously you sense this so you seek the path. So second comment:

Get over yourself. Learn music. Find YOUR music. If this is pointless, then you are the phony.

• Members

The false element in your statements is the desire to criticize the principle and not give advice to someone's development (find your music, meh...). A feature of small-minded people, shallow from the inability to present something valuable.

• Members

Surely not. The recipient of the reply accused me in a separate topic that I rather follow praise instead of referring to a valuable criticsm. Valuable criticism should include a reference to the guitar feeling, technique or musical theory issues, not to promote accusations. Please, have opened mind.

• Members
The false element in your statements is the desire to criticize the principle and not give advice to someone's development (find your music' date=' meh...). A feature of small-minded people, shallow from the inability to present something valuable.[/quote']

I don't have a desire to criticize. You know there are specific forums right here for users to post their material and video endeavors. Notice too, they don't get much play. Few care about startup careers. If stuff gets actually good, we buy tickets with the intent of enjoying and appreciating the experience.

You started spamming here. This is always the problem with the show and tellers. They just want encouragement. I could tell you stuff like, you are at a very pedantic stage. Your approach is still stiff and pre fab and has little connection with the vibe or even the quality of the so called original artists

BUT you won't have anything to do with such talk.

I've had people tell me I don't offer constructive advice, I've been scolded by the mods for challenging people's offering. Still, if a person sucks, the most constructive thing you can offer such a person is the knowledge that they suck. Unfortunately you can't say suck here so many go on their merry comp trolling way. At least they go away but only because it's too real here.

Archived