Checkout my new song 'cry like a mother'

mbengs1

• Members

I was trying to make a song like 'cryin' by Satriani. I used my drum machine. I got my audio converter working too. I learned that it doesn't need any soundproof room. I never knew this until I plugged it in and it sounded great. It took a year a 2 months before I tried this. I was initially gonna put pillows around my cab to see if it would work. but it turned out I didn't need any soundproofing whatsoever. This is the first official song I made with it using my rig composed of a bugera 6262 with a 2x12 vintage bugera cabinet. I run it clean and use my distortion pedals with the noise suppressor. the guitar I used is a Jackson js22 with dimarzio air classics. Please comment on the recording quality and the sound of the guitars. https://soundcloud.com/user-18667799/marlon32

• Members
Did you just drop a wholesale slag on one of the most influential guitarists of our generation? Joe has way more feel than almost any lead player I've heard. :)

Well yeah if you say so. Joe has a lot of sweetness and is one of the most likeable guitar personalities I've come across. What I don't like is his incoherent development of melody and ideas. Spontaneous sounding? Absolutely.

Credible mastery of music? Umm waill...

• Members
Sweetness and likeability? I'm talking about what comes out of the speakers. I don't love the guy.

So am I. Sweetness in his tone and somewhat in his playing. When he's not just rocking away that is. Better in his genre? Couldn't tell you except that it may be the genre I dislike. I have the same general opinion of Bonamassa.

Gary Moore strangely makes the cut with me. He can go all gonzo with rhythmic continuity and swing; used to could anyway.

• Members
I listened for about 30 seconds. You manged to capture the essence of Satch; immediate and frivolous embellishment for melody and a rate of change that has no feel. Just change.

I used boss pedals to get my tone. I used a boss power stack for the main distorted tone and a super overdrive to give it more gain and mids. they go into the loop of the boss NS-2. then that goes into a digital delay (dd-20).

• Members

I used boss pedals to get my tone. I used a boss power stack for the main distorted tone and a super overdrive to give it more gain and mids. they go into the loop of the boss NS-2. then that goes into a digital delay (dd-20).

You seem to have replied to the wrong post.

• Members

oops I was just trying to say something useful. hehe.

You could do an MBengs anthology/gear breakdown thread. Me personally has no interest in Boss pedals although it's notable that you can get those sounds from 'em.

Of course it's personal' date=' but I prefer smoother melodic stuff with tapping and shred licks kept to a minimum - Satriani, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, Derek Trucks, Ry Cooder, etc I respect the heck out of Vai, Beck, Kotzen, Vinnie Moore, etc, but I always find they play too much for my personal tastes.[/quote']

Funny it's Satriani's melodic butchering that I was on about. For instance,

Tasty intro and melody till 45 seconds. Nice landing; very tidy. Before one second has transpired (47 seconds) he's already leaving that notion and for what? Um well it appears he has all kinds of neat guitar stuff to show us instead. Melodic indeed.

[video=youtube;VI57QHL6ge0]

Kotzen has a slick sense of rhythm I can't ignore. I guess I can throw Robben Ford in here too. Satch and those other rockers you mentioned; not so much. Well except GG. Did I mention I probably dislike the genre? :D

Chris Duarte is good .Michael Landua too and Gary Moore was very natural.

Jimi Hendrix is my all time fave

Chris Duarte might be closer to SRV than Satch. I like the style but It's something aside from melodious rock.

Michael Landau gets no complaints from me. Great player/musician.

• Members

Of course it's personal, but I prefer smoother melodic stuff with tapping and shred licks kept to a minimum - Satriani, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, Derek Trucks, Ry Cooder, etc

I respect the heck out of Vai, Beck, Kotzen, Vinnie Moore, etc, but I always find they play too much for my personal tastes.

• Members

I think Always With You is a fantastic example of how he combined flash with tasty melodies and phrasing at a time when other shredders like Yngwie etc were just spraying out notes as fast as they could.

It's not my favourite genre either, but Satch is the only one from that era that I'll still listen to.

Archived