Checkout a new song i just made using boss dr-3 drum machine preset

mbengs1

• Members
Pretty kool! if you have some panning options, you can sometimes get better separation and clarity. I like to record in mono then my fx in stereo to get that stereo field. Tons of ways to do it.

this ain't perfect but is how I did it. https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=8131656

Is that a backing track you're playing over? Sounds like real drums. you singing ? I like the sound of the vocals

• Members

Is that a backing track you're playing over? Sounds like real drums. you singing ? I like the sound of the vocals

No backing tracks used. It took me about 2 days to record it all. Programing the drums took the longest, that was a bitc- The dual lead intro just happened, you know, improv. ok just a little pin prick then TARZAN Call. I looked all over the net for that short clip. that was dubbed in through a headphone out. why Tarzan? I don't know, just felt right. Weird guitar player that I am I guess.

• Members

Different for sure. I liked your first better tone wise. but hey! its about having some fun, no need to criticize or judge anything. Unless you want me too lol! (smiles)

What amp do you think would fit my style? My current setup is garbage. hehehe. I use pedals for my tones. the amp is just to make the effects loud (It's just a bugera 6262, It's just a fun amp, not for serious person) I don't use the amps for overdrive basically. I just set them clean and set the gains and volume so the overdrive pedals sound nice and balanced. I just started splitting the signal on the chorus pedal so I can run the delay in stereo. I get a better tone because of using the chorus to split the signal. The overdrive pedals sound less hard and more amp like. But I'm thinking of getting an amp that really suits me. Instrumental rock/pop, with Steve vai as my main influence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived