Putting a floyd on a les paul special type guitar

mbengs1

• Members

What he above said.

Seriously, factor in the price of the guitar, the price of the trem, the price of your "tech" installing it, the price of getting it fixed AFTER your "tech" installed it, and us listening to your whining and b*tching about how crappy the guitar now sounds, it's just cheaper to buy one with it already installed.

• Members

You can't put a Floyd on this Cort les paul copy because the trem posts would be too high, I believe. It would be protruding from the body and it wouldn't hold. But I'm not sure. You can put a Floyd on a real les paul (the axcess model) but that has a arched maple top. This one is a flat top. so there's less wood to put trem posts.

• Members
You can't put a Floyd on this Cort les paul copy because the trem posts would be too high' date=' I believe. It would be protruding from the body and it wouldn't hold. But I'm not sure. You can put a Floyd on a real les paul (the axcess model) but that has a arched maple top. This one is a flat top. so there's less wood to put trem posts. [/quote']

Do a Bigsby.

While they are not a Floyd, they are cool.

Probably more money than I would sink into a Cort guitar, but it's an option.

Gretsch Jet G5438T Electromatic is like 500 bucks new in the USA.

I have a Gretch Power Jet model 6128T, it's not cheap, but it's an amazing guitar. The neck is way slicker than any Les Paul I have ever played, the tone is to die for, with TV Jones Power Trons. It's got the mud switch and a real Bigsby with locking tuners. While you not gonna dive bomb notes with a Bigsby, they are cool.

These are way different animals than anything you own.

Here's a guy play a little metal music on a Gretsch Hollowbody. It can be done.

[video=youtube;8ndcJxVf-Hc]

[video=youtube;xSuq-j3xamE]

​​​​​​​

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"2400412806_gtr_frt_001_rr.png","data-attachmentid":32353165}[/ATTACH]

The Gretsch G5435 Electromatic are pretty damn nice for like 500 bucks. The black top pickups are ok, but drop in a set of TV Jones pick ups and you got something to talk about tone wise.

They don't come with a case, so order one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"chfjpl1mmkvlgyajcrpr.jpg","data-attachmentid":32353164}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"neess05hsjpa1vok4w3f.jpg","data-attachmentid":32353163}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Here's something that would probably work. It simply replaces the existing bridge:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tSM_Trem.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t16.4 KB ID:\t32353577","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32353577","data-size":"full","title":"SM_Trem.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

You'd need to measure to be sure the post spacing is the same but it appears to be a good fit for a LP: https://www.solomusicgear.com/produc...-right-chrome/. If you had bothered to click the link in my previous post or simply done a basic Google search you would have found the same thing by now.

• Members

thats one string? and they only go up.i have a Tele with one fit, crickey, what a contraption ,mine hadn`t been set up right and i had to dig more wood out of the guitar so the strap holder part could move far enough to raise the pitch to a full tone where as before it was only moving not even a semi tone.a big faff but when they work they`re ok

Archived