Epiphone Slash Firebird

DeepEnd

• Members
I havnt seen that model, but typically transparent black is much better looking in person. You can usually see the figuring quite well.

And, it's probably a veneer anyway so not much lost anyway.

Yeah it is. I have seen a few Heritage guitars with nice see thru quilted black tops.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"StandardQMBK.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345126}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"cache_4221562248.jpg?t=1489340903.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345125}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"gibson_lp-std16hp-1711-trb6.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345124}[/ATTACH]

• Members
Yeah it is. I have seen a few Heritage guitars with nice see thru quilted black tops.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"StandardQMBK.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345126}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"cache_4221562248.jpg?t=1489340903.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345125}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"gibson_lp-std16hp-1711-trb6.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345124}[/ATTACH]

And I'd expect a Heritage to be made and finished to a higher standard than an Epiphone. Also, you can clearly see the flame in those pics, not so much in similar pics of the Epiphone. My Schecter is finished in what's called "charcoal burst" and you can clearly see flame in similar pics, even at the edges where it's transparent black:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Gryph_2.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345555}[/ATTACH]

• Members
I've seen it set neck NO minis It's not a Firebird . Just a odd shaped SG or a thin LP.

And to echo mrbrown49, how did the top look? We're not primarily debating whether it's a "real" Firebird or not, although your comments are correct, just how much flame you can see through the black finish.

• Members

PRS has a good eye for black flame and black quilt.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"rurvarkz4kuiham0rraz.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345749}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_0006.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345750}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"xu0hg4wxdwdslrdjsgda.jpg","data-attachmentid":32345751}[/ATTACH]

• Members
The sales speak hyperbole turns me off right away. "

Kluson reissue banjo-style tuners ensure reliable intonation" "Sprague Orange Drop capacitors bring added sparkle" uhhh' date='...………. ok?[/size']

Yeah, typical sales-speak. So, how do tuners affect intonation again? Oh, wait, that's the bridge, not the tuners. And who puts banjo tuners on an electric guitar anyway? I've never seen that.

• Members
[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none"' date='"data-size":"full","title":"POP_SlashFbird.jpg","data-attachmentid":32346394}[/ATTACH']

I hadn't heard about these... and while it's not my idea of the "perfect" Firebird, I think it looks pretty darned cool - I'd rock that! :rawk:

I'm on their emailing list from entering contests. I got the official announcement yesterday and a cursory look caused my eyeroll at the finish. Not saying I wouldn't rawk it under the right circumstances but the banjo tuners would take some getting used to.

I'm on their emailing list from entering contests. I got the official announcement yesterday and a cursory look caused my eyeroll at the finish. Not saying I wouldn't rawk it under the right circumstances but the banjo tuners would take some getting used to.

Yeah, possibly - but the banjo tuners are classic Firebird! :love:

I'm with you on the color though. I don't mind the black, and I'm generally a fan of the look of figured wood (veneers or otherwise), but I probably would have gone with Cardinal Red, Pelham Blue and Inverness Green as the color choices if I was designing a sig model 'bird for myself.

Archived