NGD for me. A Greg Bennett 12 string. I put elixir light guage strings on it.

mbengs1

• Members

What is the neck profile like on it?

Does it have a solid top, or is it laminated?

Aren't those made by Samick?

Congrats on the new guitar! :cool2:

It's a laminate top I think. but I like the sound. The neck is kinda beefy. it's easy to play and fast. but the guitar itself is bigger than the normal dreadnaut acoustic. I guess they're by samick.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. Welcome to many frustrating hours tuning it. ;) The song was okay with a retro vibe and I liked the harmonies but the mix could be better. The vocals need to be more prominent, I couldn't make out the lyrics.

What is the neck profile like on it?

Does it have a solid top, or is it laminated?

Aren't those made by Samick?

Congrats on the new guitar! :cool2:

Hard to say whether the top is solid or laminated without a model number but based on the $170 selling price it's probably laminated. And yes, Greg Bennett Design is the brand Samick is currently using for their own guitars.

• Members

FWIW, I had a Greg Bennett D-8 come across my workbench a while back. The neck was separating from the body, there was a fairly large gap at the bottom of the neck heel and I could wiggle the neck against the body. I was obviously neither a dovetail or a bolted joint, I speculate that it might have been doweled. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer seeking information but didn't get a reply. Gave it back to the owner with no charge.

• Members
FWIW' date=' I had a Greg Bennett D-8 come across my workbench a while back. The neck was separating from the body, there was a fairly large gap at the bottom of the neck heel and I could wiggle the neck against the body. I was obviously neither a dovetail or a bolted joint, I speculate that it might have been doweled. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer seeking information but didn't get a reply. Gave it back to the owner with no charge.[/quote']

The quality of this Greg Bennett 12 string guitar is quite amazing. It could be 4 times more expensive and still worth it. I like the neck. It's a thin profile but still beefy. reminds me of Ibanez wizard necks but a bit thicker. It sounds like a solid top but I'm pretty sure is a laminated top. I paid 9000 pesos for it and it sounds as good as the 35000 one that I saw in another store. I just wanted to try a 12 string coz I've never really played one before. I noticed the strap button at the back is low quality. It's plastic. but the strap button on the neck joint is metal. It fell off the first time I used a strap with it. But I just glued it in place so it won't fall off again.

Archived