Just Bought a Michael Kelly Electric and...

blackcats

• Members

for a guy who knows very little about electrics I am quite impressed.

more: chung cư sun láng hạ

There are only a few mentions of this brand on this forum so I figure it isn't well known. I bought a Patriot model which I believe is a Les Paul style guitar. It has a beautiful quilted maple top that starts out dark blue at the lower bought of the guitar and lightens as it moves forward toward the neck and eventually turns to tan. It looks like the ocean and beach. The quilting makes it look like the waves. There is also a line of abalone.

The two humbucking pickups also have the switch that allows them to be used as single coils. The overall finish of the frets are smooth and amazing. I hadn't been shopping for long since I have been looking for my first electric. I wasn't very impressed with what I was finding in this price range. I figured I have seen enough so I was ready to jump on this when I saw it.

more: chung cu sun quang an

Bullfrog Music in Corvallis, Oregon is a nice small shop with a nice collection of new and used instruments. He carries things that area music stores don't have.

I wonder if anybody here has had experience with this brand? I bought it because my Church has seen a couple of electric players move. We need help in that area so I thought this would be a good choice. I will be needing to find a good amp. I will need the ability to switch quickly from clean tones to crunch and overdriven sounds, reverb and chorus, etc. I believe there are a few ways to achieve what I want to do. Any help would be great.

more: chung cư sun láng hạ

• Members

I had bought a MK Patriot Enlightened a couple of weeks ago after returning to playing guitar after decades off. I like the guitar a lot however

I had a buzzing problem due to the frets not being level. I brought it back to the store so that it can be fixed. You might want to check your frets carefully.

• Members

Michael Kelly and Jay Turser are a couple sleeper brands. They make solid instruments. While they usually require a fret level/dress and electronics upgrades, this is no different from the other brands. That said, the newer Epiphone's are coming Plek'd from the factory so things are changing.

If you need a solid amp with good cleans and crunch that won't break the bank, the Crate Vintage Club series is hard to beat. The V50's can be had cheap and will give you more than adequate tone for days.

Be careful of amps like the Fender Pro Jr. and Blues Jr. - they don't have reverb and will not produce any usable clean tones at gig level. They are meant primarily for distortion and can't be cleaned up.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. :thu: As Verne Andru says, there are brands that don't get much press or respect. That doesn't mean they're not dynamite instruments. I bought a Sakura 12-string acoustic back in the 70's and it was as good as anything out there, even though few people had ever heard of the brand. The dealer told me at the time it was the first one he'd sold. BTW, that hybrid Les Paul/Telecaster shape is used by other makes, such as Peavey. I find it attractive and distinctive without being completely "out there."

Archived