• Distortion pedals
    • Overdrive pedals
    • Fuzz pedals
    • I like all three types of dirt pedals
    • Dirt pedals (of any type) + Amp distortion
    • No pedals - amp distortion only
    • No dirt - clean tones only

• Moderators

although I own or have owned most of the classic distortion and fuzz and OD pedals over the years, I'll take the sound of a overdriven tube amp any day of the week, be it Fender, Marshall, Vox, Boogie, Bogner/Uberschall, Bad Cat, Jaguar, Top Hat...you name it.

• Members

Looking at the results so far I have got the design team busy.

The clean pedal is near production.

For only $39.99

We guarantee that what comes out has exactly the same clarity, integrity and level as what goes in.

Cleantone uses our new "direct wiring" technology between the input and the output and looks really cool!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"clean pedal.jpg","data-attachmentid":32342568}[/ATTACH]

what about pedals you use to increase the volume into the front end of the amp to distort it like the boss blues driver and tube screamer what are they classed as ?

Those are both technically overdrives, but you're describing them being used as (semi) clean boosts. And you're right - I should have included boost pedals (such as the classic Dallas Rangemaster) on the list - they can be very useful for kicking an amp that's just on the edge and slightly breaking up over the cliff and into full overdrive.

My apologies for the oversight. :o

Right you are distortionistas What do you think Clapton is using is using in this live rendition of Stepping Out? Which in my humble opinion is a bit of a classic.

[video=youtube_share;OWTJVNPu_r4]

My guess would be a Rangemaster into a cranked Marshall. Although he was known to use Tonebenders in the studio too, he usually didn't use them live, and either way, that doesn't really sound like one to me anyway.

• Members

This is pretty much what I use. I have a OCD and a few other overdrive/ distortion pedal, but this is the one that made it to my pedal board.

I guess they call it an overdrive pedal, so that's my vote.

There hasn't been an amp I own that I wasn't happy with it on, but I'm nota high gain player either.

[video=youtube;qsCyUxljskQ]

However I have a couple of 5 watter amps, that are plug and play studio amps. The Mesa amps I have left have master volumes and you can dial in some nice dirty. I even use the Fulltone with a 65 Princeton reverb reissue. It just tightens the sound up on that amp.

• Members

On my board:

DoD Boneshaker

Digitech Grunge

Line 6 Uber Metal

Boss DS1

Boss SD1

Boss Metal Core

Boss Metal Zone

Danoelectro French Toast

Electro Harmonics Big Muff Pie

TC Electronics Mojomojo

For those who say the Metal Zone is the worst pedal ever refuse to read the instructions this is for you. It's a video of the settings:

[video=youtube;BNu8g_qUnsE]

Archived