NGD Vintage Reissue content

gardo

• Members

been wanting a thinline with a mini bicker for a long time

This one has been on my mind for months and I could no longer resist . It arrived yesterday. A Vintage Brand Reissue series V72 Custom spec

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"3455A5D6-2DEF-47A0-81B9-A67219498B7A.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32340838}[/ATTACH]

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"B300691F-0FDE-498C-AC6D-B21766E01B3B.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32340863}[/ATTACH]It was very playable when unpacked .It needed tuned and of course I tweaked the pickup height .The mini sounds good and over powers the bridge of course No info on the Wilkinson mini but the bridge is albino V. Both pups together have a chimney sound and a little drive is all it needs. It has 3 compensated brass saddles in an ash tray bridge and appears to have D’Addario 9’s so no need to change them yet

The body is American alder with flame maple veneer. The neck is hard maple with a very light finish ,no info on profile but it feels comfortable.

• Members

When I picked it up to play it there was a strange knocking sound. Found a scrap of wood bouncing around inside. At least that was an easy fix

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"3F38D6DD-FE90-4524-A594-2EF026D51935.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32340870}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Overall I’m pretty happy with this one

My chief complaint is the cheap controls. They work fine but sooner or later they will be upgraded[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"8A6322E5-A763-45B4-8AC7-2A85134B591A.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32340919}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Here are the specs

• Top: Book Matched Flame Maple Veneer
  • Body: American Alder with Acoustic Chambers
  • Neck: One-Piece Hard Maple – Bolt On
  • Scale: 25.5″/648mm
  • Frets: 22 Medium
  • Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot
  • Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ55
  • Bridge: Wilkinson® WTB Intonatable
  • Pickups: 1 Wilkinson® WDG (N), 1 Wilkinson® WTB (B)
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Controls: Volume/ Tone/ 3-Way Lever

mine weighs 61/2 lbs

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none"' date='"data-size":"full","title":"B300691F-0FDE-498C-AC6D-B21766E01B3B.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32340863}[/ATTACH']It was very playable when unpacked .It needed tuned and of course I tweaked the pickup height .The mini sounds good and over powers the bridge of course No info on the Wilkinson mini but the bridge is albino V.

I'm sure you just fell victim to your phone's auto spell checker, but that made me laugh. :lol:

Nice looking guitar - congratulations gardo! :cool2:

• Members
This might inspire me to build a thin line. There are some very interesting deviations from the Fender design.

When I saw this I had to have it. I considered a build or a mod but there is little chance I could make something this nice for this much money

I found it on close out with a case a cloth covered cable and a clip on tuner for less than the price of a Squier thinline.

• Members

Summary The looks are what sold me and I was not disappointed

It was very playable and well set up when unpacked. Thw fret work is excellent ,in fact bettter than my MIM Strat.

The controls look cheap but work fine,the pots are 500k. The pickups sound meh, alright but somewhat anemic It does some things well but there is more potential with some upgrades These things are easy to change and personalize ir, so not a big problem The neck is hard maple ,not birds eye but maple and very comfortable. The nut is Nubone and the width is 1-11/16",much better than some of the Squier necks. If you like the looks and want to do a few mods to make it your own ,Go for it

Archived