Guitar Collection Part 3

uab9253

• Members

sorry, but i'm not watching 3 videos of somebody who's showing his guitar collection, if i want to do that i go to youtube or so...

nothing wrong with your videos or your collection, but here you post pictures and comment them, and tell us what you like about them, thats what a discussion forum is all about.

just posting a link to some random videos (even not embeding them) is not really a good start of a discussion....

but this is also the reason why most discussion forums turned tumbleweeds the past ten years. people are not discussing anymore, they just shareing random links of random vidoes or pics on facebook, twitter, instagram and whats apps...

and if you comment something you either might get max. one or two responses or your comment was somehow off that you started a {censored}storm about nothing, oh and everybody hopes it get viral....

so hi again, nice you have a guitar collection, you can tell us more about them, but i'm not watching your videos about them :)

• Members

I guess I haven't used the new software much - I didn't know how to embed the youtube link. As for the rest of it, I've been around here a long time too. I was mostly referring to the forum traffic in general, not my particular post. And yes, I should have put all of them in one thread. I'm not above being corrected - but if you're not interested in the videos, that's ok too.

I agree somewhat that drive by posters being one way and just dropping links and going - and not giving back to discussions is neither cool nor constructive. I wasn't trying to be that guy, but regardless, I ended up kind of doing that. Apologies

• Members

Very simply, I looked at the first thread, opened the video, realized it was some guy standing in what looks like a guitar store showing of guitar after guitar for 17 minutes. Decided it wasn't for me but I believe that if you can't say something nice, there wasn't anything to say. Then I saw thread 2 and then 3 - you must have an incredible collection and I'm sure you want to show them off but its just not my thing. Saw that my old friend T_e_l_e had responded to this one, thought I'd see what he had to say.

Lots of other threads here that I don't bother following or commenting on either, but I'm sure there are folks who are interested in your guitars.

• Members

The OP probably doesn't deserve the flak he is getting, and I think we are being unduly harsh on a fellow enthusiast.

So I will explain why I personally "tumbleweeded" the thread. The only reason I have not followed the threads is having been too poor (2007 crash plus divorce) to even consider a new guitar that kind of display of wealth is a bit of slap in the face.

Kind of like those car magazines that never mention 5 year old Fords, only Bugattis and new Beemers for elites costing 5 or 6 figures.

:cool3: ps My fortunes are now looking up, I own my own home again and such but I'm never going to forget the humility and grinding poverty of living on six grand a year.So yeah, nice collection, it just reminds me of our divided society and my time on the wrong side of it. Not your fault. LoL

I guess I haven't used the new software much - I didn't know how to embed the youtube link.

When you're typing in stuff (in the text box) there should be three icons in the upper right corner (just above the text box) - click on the one with the letter A. That will open a far larger list of icons that will cover the entire top of the text entry box.

On the right of that list of icons is one that looks like a chain link. Next to that is a broken chain link, and next to that is one that looks like a picture (use that for embedding images) and one that looks like a couple of frames of film. To embed a video, click on that icon.

In the box that opens up, put the full URL of the video you want to post - in this case it's

Once you enter that in, click on "ok" and the code for your video should be inserted into the text box.

From there, add any other text or comments you want in order to finish your post, then click the "Post Reply" button at the lower right corner of the text box and you're all set!

• Members

sorry uab9253, i didn't mean to insult you or your videos personally. the online thing has changed the past couple of years. where there used to be discussions and interaction between people, there is now only multimedia.

everbody nowadays makes a video about everything (and a lot of people think they will be watched by millions)

but watching a video is very time consuming, especially when its 3 about 15 minutes long each

having a short post with a picture or two or even hundreds (someone remember bbreakers collection?) is consumed in just a few seconds. even more so in a just few seconds one can decide if it is of personal interest or not, and if somethings pop in your eye, you can just start typing a response "hey whats that guitar 3 in picture number 5?" and it immediatly starts a conversation.

my attention span is too short to watch a 15 minute video about anything and ask the maker about something what happened in minute 3, or was it 3:30, or 5:30 or what wait, forget it i don't care any more :)

thats a reason why most of these click bait videos are less than a minute and shorter, and it must be funny or cute or so...

even magazines like guitar world or others just post videos only anymore instead of their great edited articles from the past, and a lot of them are really boring...

i miss the old times, the lot of to read, the interaction and the conversations, but somehow i'm old school (not the oldest here around, somehow as a mid-40 i'm one of the younger ones), but it seems the trend of time is heading somewhere else, and its sad somehow, as people are not "talking" to each other anymore, just sharing links or videos and likes

and thats the main reason why places like this turn to tumbleweeds, cause younger folks are not stopping by, when they think they have everything in their whatsapp/facebook/instagram universe...

• Members

Thanks for all the feedback. I think people took my use of tumbleweeds wrong. I didn't mean so much as tumbleweeds on my threads, but I mean the forum in general. The day I responded there had not been a post on the guitar section in 5 hours. 5 HOURS! I've been here for ten years but mostly missing since HC made the big changes, but this place used to be cooking minute by minute. I miss that and think it's a shame, that was all I was saying. I used to spend way too much time here, particularly on the political thread.

So I didn't mean for it to sound butthurt that nobody watches my vids. lol

As for the vids- there's nothing really expensive in my collection save for the PRS and the Taylor - most are under $1000 new, most bought used for well under that again. I have EPI's I'm "down" to six right now. So it's no corksniffer collection.

I'm just starting to get interested in making guitar content for YouTube since I watch a ton of it, and I noticed that there aren't really a ton of collection videos, so I figure I'd start off with that. That way, if I am doing a lesson and get a comment/question about a particular guitar, then I'l refer them to the collection vid that it's in. Plus I wanted to start off slow with my new setup using single mic, single camera.

I plan to do some more with reviews, demos, tips, lessons, jamming - a bunch of guitar centric stuff. Just a hobby - not for money.

Of course I know people hitting forums don't have the kind of time while on the forum to slog through all that and comment, but I was just putting them out there if anyone was hardcore like me and wanted to watch them later.

Cheers, all. I will try to be a better citizen and spend a little more time on HC.

• Members

When you're typing in stuff (in the text box) there should be three icons in the upper right corner (just above the text box) - click on the one with the letter A. That will open a far larger list of icons that will cover the entire top of the text entry box.

On the right of that list of icons is one that looks like a chain link. Next to that is a broken chain link, and next to that is one that looks like a picture (use that for embedding images) and one that looks like a couple of frames of film. To embed a video, click on that icon.

In the box that opens up, put the full URL of the video you want to post - in this case it's

Once you enter that in, click on "ok" and the code for your video should be inserted into the text box.

From there, add any other text or comments you want in order to finish your post, then click the "Post Reply" button at the lower right corner of the text box and you're all set!

Thanks Phil!!

• Members
Thanks for all the feedback. I think people took my use of tumbleweeds wrong. I didn't mean so much as tumbleweeds on my threads, but I mean the forum in general. The day I responded there had not been a post on the guitar section in 5 hours. 5 HOURS! I've been here for ten years but mostly missing since HC made the big changes, but this place used to be cooking minute by minute. I miss that and think it's a shame, that was all I was saying. I used to spend way too much time here, particularly on the political thread.

So I didn't mean for it to sound butthurt that nobody watches my vids. lol

As for the vids- there's nothing really expensive in my collection save for the PRS and the Taylor - most are under $1000 new, most bought used for well under that again. I have EPI's I'm "down" to six right now. So it's no corksniffer collection.

I'm just starting to get interested in making guitar content for YouTube since I watch a ton of it, and I noticed that there aren't really a ton of collection videos, so I figure I'd start off with that. That way, if I am doing a lesson and get a comment/question about a particular guitar, then I'l refer them to the collection vid that it's in. Plus I wanted to start off slow with my new setup using single mic, single camera.

I plan to do some more with reviews, demos, tips, lessons, jamming - a bunch of guitar centric stuff. Just a hobby - not for money.

Of course I know people hitting forums don't have the kind of time while on the forum to slog through all that and comment, but I was just putting them out there if anyone was hardcore like me and wanted to watch them later.

Cheers, all. I will try to be a better citizen and spend a little more time on HC.

Nice videos, watched em.

Archived