NAD Fender Mustang 2

Chordite

• Members

Just picked up a new to me Fender Mustang II amp. It is my first modelling amp. It is going to take a little time leaning the editing sequences.

Being secondhand it didn't come with the Fender Fuse software which looks useful for storing patches on the laptop.

Fell straight in with the Twin Reverb patch , an amp I like a lot cannot afford right now.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Mustang small.jpg","data-attachmentid":32306457}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Alright nice amp !

If you can find a way connect it to a laptop you will find so many options that allow you find your own sound . Plus recording into a DAW is so easy that even I can do it.

What is the guitar next to it? It looks similar to one I have.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Amp Day. Not sure I'd like the complexity but as long as you like it that's cool. I know what you mean about going to a specific patch. I started using the AC30 model on my Roland Cube 80XL pretty much immediately.

• Members

I *think* you can download the Fender Fuse software off the Fender website. At least I did when I owned a Mustang modeler, then I gave it to a dumb nephew who just uses to play MP3s through.

I looked at the Fender website, they now call their app "Fender TONE". I presume it's free, because it only works if you already bought a Fender modeling amp.

They recommend you update your amp's "firmware" too.

• Members

I had a Hondo h935 back in the 1980's . It sounded great but I could never get the intonation right

Probably the bridge needed relocated ,an easy fix but I knew nothing about such things back then

That's one guitar I wish I had kept,.sigh

• Members

Fuse installed on the laptop and I have been playing with it all today. Really you need Fuse to get at all the features. Things like the Diatonic pitch shifter and such.

The models that I know by ear sound pretty good The nice clean twin reverb is my go.

My only gripe with Fuse is that the standard pitch shifters control knob seems too coarse I can't hit anything but 5ths and octave

Like most things the factory presets are overloaded with drive and gain like everything circles round headbangers :) So I will have to spend a bit of time reprogramming more delicate, folky and jazzy sounds.

So in short very happy

Archived