Vintage Brand Guitars

gardo

• Members

Does anyone have any experience with them ? I'm really liking them but there are no dealers with in an hours drive from my place I'd lke to find out more about them before I drive half a day to check them out for myself Thanks

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"V72FTB-1.jpg","data-attachmentid":32301622}[/ATTACH]

• Members

I have no experience but reviews on a couple of other forums have been pretty mixed. Several people said decent value for the money (whatever that means) and several said good gigging guitars (whatever that means). One said he liked his guitar (think it was one of LP clones) after he had replaced the pickups and tuners.

Guess you'll have to decide for yourself, but be sure to let us know what you find.

Ps - whats the neck pup on that thinline?

• Members

I also looked at this Xaviere for less than $200 but the chunky neck is a deal breaker

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tXV825_SG_MP_03.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t76.4 KB ID:\t32303230","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32303230","data-size":"full","title":"XV825_SG_MP_03.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

• Members

probably the same rout as a mini. I noticed that the pickup placement varies slightly on different guitars Wonder how much difference that even makes ?. I 've also been looking for a used tete to rout for a mini

• Members
Does anyone have any experience with them ? I'm really liking them but there are no dealers with in an hours drive from my place I'd lke to find out more about them before I drive half a day to check them out for myself Thanks

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"V72FTB-1.jpg","data-attachmentid":32301622}[/ATTACH]

More crap from China, UK distributor.

If you want a thinline tele, just get one, and be done with it.

Fender makes one, as part of there classic series

It's called the Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Custom

800 bucks

Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Custom

Male fretboard or Pau Ferro

Made at the Ensenada, Mexico plant. They also have a USA made Thinline.

[video=youtube;GSbTDToZkAE]

[video=youtube;ca6uBXjMt4Y]

[video=youtube;2axBx1Z74MY]

• Members

Pickup placement can affect the tone of the pup as you know, mainly due to the different shape of the string vibration envelope at different locations. I've got a customer right now who is considering having me install a lefty bridge on his tele to change the angle of the bridge pickup. I have argued the theory with him (it will make the treble strings less bright, the bass more) but he thinks he wants to try it. That will involve routing that cavity slightly.

I have never installed a mini but I think the route is the same as a P90. They mount differently however.

• Members

I've known about these for while but never consideered them. First because it's just not a mini and second because I played n ASAT once and was disappointed. GC had a used one ,I forgot the model, and I grabbed some cash and ran out to buy it. After playing it I walked away . OK that was just one guitar and the price does make me think .So thanks for letting me know

• Members
The Trev Wilkinson period Vintage guitars just keep getting better and better some Chinese, some Indonesian.

I have a cream SC with gold hardware, utterly lovely guitar and the stock pickups are as good as the best Epi pickups

This is the same one I have

click ,BANG

pulled the trigger

Archived