Could you partner with a Player?

Phil O'Keefe

One of the new Fender Player Series electrics that is!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"main-63ead725.jpg","data-attachmentid":32296569}[/ATTACH]

I had a look at a pair (!) of the new Fender Player Series Stratocaster Floyd Rose HSS models - my first opportunity to check out one of the new Player Series models that are replacing the old MIM Standard Series... you can check out my review here:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/fender-player-stratocaster-floyd-rose-hss

And as always, if you have any questions about the guitar, or comments about either the guitar or the review, please feel free to post them here in this thread. :wave:

• Members
i`m sure they used to make some like that in the 90`s ' date='a Jeff Beck style guitar ,locking nuts look a bit dated now.[/quote']

I think the Jeff Beck had a traditional strat bridge and a roller nut instead of a floyd type with locking nut.

• Members

Not me. I'm not a Strat guy and I don't even use a normal trem. There was a mid 80's G&L Rampage on CraigsList a while back. It was a cool old US of A guitar but equipped with a snazzy Kahler trem so I couldn't have gotten any mileage out of it.

• Members
Not me. I'm not a Strat guy and I don't even use a normal trem. There was a mid 80's G&L Rampage on CraigsList a while back. It was a cool old US of A guitar but equipped with a snazzy Kahler trem so I couldn't have gotten any mileage out of it.

I'm not a fan of Kahler's myself.

Find an old 1980's Charvel with the Fender strat head stock or a EB Axis.

it was this model i was reffering to ,i have a black neck with rosewood fingerboard and some bits n pieces from one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Contemporary_Stratocaster_Japan

The Contemporary series - MIJ, mid-80s. I remember those. Cool guitars, but I don't think there was a Jeff Beck model, although he may have played one for a while. :idk:

• Members
I'm not a fan of Kahler's myself.

Find an old 1980's Charvel with the Fender strat head stock or a EB Axis.

More to the point, I don't use a trem so any style would be wasted and there's no sense in getting something with a complicated FR style one just to use it as a glorified hardtail. I don't even think you can block one of those. Here's a similar guitar to the one that was for sale locally:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Rampage.jpg","data-attachmentid":32297114}[/ATTACH]

• Members

The Contemporary series - MIJ, mid-80s. I remember those. Cool guitars, but I don't think there was a Jeff Beck model, although he may have played one for a while. :idk:

the one i had came with a TBX tone pot ,if you turned it one way it was a low pass filter and the other way it was a high pass filter in the middle it was neutral,i remember liking the tbx even though at the time i didn`t actually know how it did it.

the one i had came with a TBX tone pot ,if you turned it one way it was a low pass filter and the other way it was a high pass filter in the middle it was neutral,i remember liking the tbx even though at the time i didn`t actually know how it did it.

I like the TBX tone circuit too - I put one in my Telecaster. :)

I like the TBX tone circuit too - I put one in my Telecaster. :)

Archived