No announcement yet.

Site is reacting super slow. Has been for a few days

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site is reacting super slow. Has been for a few days

It's the only one out of the dozen of so I visit that is this slow. Takes about a minute to get into a thread once I click on it.
    "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

It's been like that for a while.

We are testing out a new pacemaker for HC.

It's the only music forum site I am at anymore.

I'm waiting for it to go up for sale. Do you want in if it does?

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Actually, the IT folks have been working on the site for the past week or so, and they're aware of the on / off speed issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks Mike and Mike and Phil. I had noticed the same thing, just hadn't commented about it

Comment

I usually don't post about it unless it lasts for a bit and I don't experience it at other places. I realize it could still be just me at times and finding that out helps me if it's not the site. Anyway, wanting to be a helper.
          "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

Member:
          Squier Army
          Schecter Society

Comment

Monday morning update - forum seems to be back to the usual speed. Phil, tell your guys thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman Keller View Post
              Monday morning update - forum seems to be back to the usual speed. Phil, tell your guys thanks
              I will, and hopefully it won't slow down again, but they are going to be doing work on and off until the end of next month IIRC, so we may still be seeing some slowdowns here and there.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

I thought the slow down was something on my end
                Good to know people are on it

Comment

It's slow again this morning... Sorry about that everyone.

I've already passed the word to the IT folks at Nucleus.

- George Carlin

Comment

seems to be moving better now
                    Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Earlier I tried logging on and got "unable to perform this function" and just a few minutes ago I logged in and no message and the page refreshed to unlogged. Went perusing anyway and discovered the new tab was logged in. Closed it and subsequent tabs remained unlogged.
                      So I logged in again and same thing. No response from login page.

Subsequent page/tab registers logged.
                      Left that tab open
                      Opened this forum and thread in separate tabs to post this.

I don't know yet if these steps are required.

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Just logged back in and same thing. unlogged page but opening forum in new tab yields a logged state. Turns out the steps in the previous post were a requirement of staying logged as well - at least as of then. Haven't tried closing again.

Comment

Seems switching pages breaks the login. Logged in on this page this time.

Comment

Just tried to post in the Muff Guitar thread and it asked for my password. Let me post though.

Comment

We are running some updates in the background and taking the site https.

You may experience some wonkiness for a few days.

D
                              Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Comment

Working...
                              X