Stratocaster Pickups

lukegalea16

• Members

Hey guys,

I'm looking to mod my Squier and put in a set of single coils. I really like the sound of the SD Antiquity Texas Hot Strat but they're a tad expensive for my budge (~$280).

Can you recommend similar pickups perhaps? I also contacted Mojo Pickups and the guy told me that he can wind pickups according to my specs (perhaps you could give me some feedback about Mojo Pickups?). I have also looked into Iron Gear as a cheaper option and for the sake of modding a guitar.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

• Members

I have a set of Mojotone 50s Custom Wound in my Strat and couldn't be happier. Since I use an unwound G I went for flat pole pieces which gives me great string-to-string balance, an option not offered by all makers.

They have that authentic bell-like Strat tone in all positions. A cork-sniffer buddy reluctantly acknowledged they sound better than his American Standard pups.

Since I prefer a hot bridge I swapped in a Seymour Duncan Lil '59er, which closely emulates a 1959 Les Paul humbucker. When split to single coil it's a tad hotter than the Mojotone but blends well with the others.

Wiring makes a big difference. I've got mine wired with a bunch of push-pulls and a 5-way super-switch that gives me all sorts of tonal options.

I highly recommend Mojotone. Great people who know what they're doing.

• Members
Hey guys,

I'm looking to mod my Squier and put in a set of single coils. I really like the sound of the SD Antiquity Texas Hot Strat but they're a tad expensive for my budge (~$280).

Can you recommend similar pickups perhaps? I also contacted Mojo Pickups and the guy told me that he can wind pickups according to my specs (perhaps you could give me some feedback about Mojo Pickups?). I have also looked into Iron Gear as a cheaper option and for the sake of modding a guitar.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

https://www.rosepickups.com/new-prod...assic-set-of-3

Ken Rose makes great Strat pickups at really nice prices. *

Suggestions:

• Rose Robusta set (or with w/ overwound Buff Beauty bridge)
  • Rose Mariposa set (or with w/ overwound Buff Beauty bridge)
  • Rose Buff Beauty set

Around $85/set

* Don't take my word for it:

http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/wh...ickups.440276/

Archived