Something cool to read.

WRGKMC

• Members

We all know how complex music can be involving mathematical divisions and pitches.

Few people know it was actually used as secret codes, not only for the military and spies or a Sherlock Holmes story involving a message coded into musical boxes. Cyphering and hidden messages hidden in music date back as far back as the great masters who implanted messages in their music which is still there to be discovered by anyone bright enough to decode it.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/musical-cryptography-codes?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_2754778

Back when I first got into electronics I used to mess with short wave radio and listen to Morse Code messages. Over time I suppose they began to affect my musical skills because I wrote several songs where the dots and dashes would up being terrific rhythm patters I'd add to many different songs.

Who knows, maybe someone who's fluent in reading Morse code will discover the codes I added to the rhythm patterns of songs some day.

Archived