Electric Guitar Wall Hangers

catscurlyear

• Members

i`m looking at hangin most of my guitars on the walls around the house i have 8 Ingles hangers allready around the house and in my little studio which are great quality but were not cheap .i`m looking at maybe another 5 or so hangers but at a cheaper rate but i want something that aint gonna break under the strain of a les paul, i was looking at these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiger-Guitar-Wall-Hanger-Bracket-Mount-Included/142214244239?epid=2254451708&hash=item211ca1278f:g:ymkAAOSwBRVaZbcE

can anybody recommend any thanks

• Members
Factor a good room humidifier into your thinking

Exactly.

I put my guitars back in to there hardshell cases, as it easier to humidify a small area that a big room.

I would actually run a nice board across the room, or a few of them. Screw the board into the studs, and the put the hangers on the board. You could probably have two levels on an 8 foot ceiling or stagger them. Maybe a little piece of carpet to protect the back sides of the guitar from hitting the wall.

Any guitars I have left out, seem to gather dust too. This is not so when they go back in there there cases.

It's nice to just be able to grab a guitar off the wall when you need one.

• Members

Good luck. I don't trust my walls or myself.

I have a floor stand. I don't even trust it. Now I'm keeping them in their cases most of the time. I keep 2 or 3 I'm working with in the floor stand now.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"513","title":"fetch?photoid=32126979&type=small.jpg","width":"450","data-attachmentid":32162378}[/ATTACH]

• Members

in my house a floor stand would be inviting trouble especialy when young ones are around ,wall hangers are great as long as you put the hangers into a good solid stone wall or wood ,i like the idea of having all my fave guitars easily accessible to play whenever i want instead of trailing off to some room where they are laid in their cases where 9 times out of 10 i would give up on the idea.

• Members

I been using these for at least 30 years. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Heavy-Duty-Screw-In-Tool-Hanger-24255/205020421They used to be the least expensive alternative but it looks like the cost or regular hooks have some down. just not sure I'd want my instrument that far from the wall. You simply need to screw these into a solid piece of wood or a wall stud. The way I used them I put up 6' planks 1X4" wide along the upper walls in the studio so I can have space for amps underneath. These hooks are covered with a tough foam you find on many guitar stands. Its better then the rubber which tends to tear off and it grips the neck well so it isn't going to slide when bumped.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"zHook.JPG","data-attachmentid":32162508}[/ATTACH]

• Members
I been using these for at least 30 years. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Heavy-Duty-Screw-In-Tool-Hanger-24255/205020421They used to be the least expensive alternative but it looks like the cost or regular hooks have some down. just not sure I'd want my instrument that far from the wall. You simply need to screw these into a solid piece of wood or a wall stud. The way I used them I put up 6' planks 1X4" wide along the upper walls in the studio so I can have space for amps underneath. These hooks are covered with a tough foam you find on many guitar stands. Its better then the rubber which tends to tear off and it grips the neck well so it isn't going to slide when bumped.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"zHook.JPG","data-attachmentid":32162508}[/ATTACH]

That how I have my mic stands.

• Members

i have one of those on my wall, it is ideal for for one of my classicals because of the big fat body and that hanger sticks out quite far keeping it off the wall. i also have the hercules triple guitar stand which is now a double cause one got trashed . those type of grabbers can confuse some people because they can`t work out how to free the guitar from the grabber when all you do is lift it.

Good luck. I don't trust my walls or myself.

I have a floor stand. I don't even trust it. Now I'm keeping them in their cases most of the time. I keep 2 or 3 I'm working with in the floor stand now.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"513","title":"fetch?photoid=32126979&type=small.jpg","width":"450","data-attachmentid":32162378}[/ATTACH]

I have a couple of 5-guitar floor stands similar to that one. That lets me keep the ones I'm using or working on out and handy, which is convenient when you're recording and need to switch guitars fairly often, or reviewing something and want to make quick comparisons. Outside of that, the rest all stay in their cases until they're needed.

I thought about getting the maple or cherry wood colored version of one or two of these...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"guitar-hanger-1-130004-large.jpg","data-attachmentid":32166490}[/ATTACH]

http://diamondlifegear.com/guitar_hanger_mx.html

(Diamond Life guitar hanger)

...but between the acoustic treatment on the walls and the earthquakes this region is known for, I'm not so sure that would work out very well for me.

What I like about that design is there's something at the end to help keep the guitar from falling off. With a good pad behind the guitar, and assuming the hangar is anchored into a stud, I suspect a guitar hung on one of those would survive a moderate earthquake reasonably well - certainly better than if there was no pad behind the body to protect it and if you were using open-ended hooks as hangers.

• Members

I've used these too. I get a board like a 2x4 or 2x6 sand it up nice and stain it the put these hangers in it. Looks and works great.

• Members

I love in an old fashioned Victorian/ Edwardian brick house in England, so that's anchored straight through the rendering and into the brick work.

As far as earthquakes are concerned..... the probability of a strong quake in the UK is very limited. I suppose a strong enough quake could possibly jolt the guitar upward and release it from it's resting hook.

Let's be honest though.... if your house lives in a quake prone area, you just have to accept all your properties are at risk and insure them. I like the idea of the padding on the wall to minimise knocks against the wall, but that's really just damage limitation.

Archived