Sexy Lace

gardo

• Members

I've mentioned my friend who paints motorcycles - he also does a few guitars. There are some examples at the bottom of this page.

http://www.trickpaint.com/galleries/helmets.shtml

If you want to have fun, go back to his home page and look at some of the other galleries. In theory anything that you could paint on a chopper gas tank or a race helmet you could paint on a guitar.

He's the guy I did the skull guitar for - if you look at his work you'll understand.

• Members

Yea, I don't get relics. I see ads that say "Relic Telecaster. Perfect condition." Now that makes no sense. What, did they fix all the finish and scratch problems? If it is perfect, it can't be a relic. And, I always paid more for a guitar when it was in good condition. Now, people pay more for ones that are abused. Really feeling my age here guys. I am not gonna pay someone extra to ruin my guitar before I get it. I can do that myself.

• Members

To properly relic a guitar you need to beat on the frets with a hammer, totally muck up the action, pour some sand in the tuners and salt water in the potentiometers. A couple of loose wires in the pups and a cold solder joint or two, maybe break the head off and reglue it. I mean, anyone can scratch the paint, lets do it right

• 2 months later...

Archived