Seymour Duncan Dimebucker Pickup in Strat?

Marshalljl

• Members

I read an interesting pamphlet that came with my new Entwistle Dark Star ND - 300k or 250k pots are now being recommended for tone control on HBs, at least by Entwistle. 500k volume still.

anyway, I don't see any issue, other than Penguin mentioned in regards to the cavity size. If you mainly use the bridge anyway, neck and middle aren't a big deal. If you like incorporating these into your playing, swapping those later for hotter wound singles or single sized buckers would be advisable.

• Members

The guitar has a HB in the bridge, the OP wants to replace it with another HB. If the first one works (and I assume it does) the new one will too, Of course it will have massive metal tone dialed to the exact specs of Dimebag Darrell, Beef, crunch, edge, balls.....

Just want you want in a pickup

• Members

Yes this is true. The point is the metal pickup will sound very different with a 250k vol. pot vs, the 500k that it was probably designed for. .There was a statement about 250k or 300k tone pot. So I pointed out guitar has no tone pot on the bridge

• 2 weeks later...

Archived