60th Anniversary Jazzmaster - 2018?

Etienne Rambert

• Members

Has anyone made a firm sighting of the 2018 60th anniversary Jazzmaster?

I'm in no position to vouch for this. But this photo is showing up as a 60th anniversary Jazzmaster in different places on the web.

The sunburst one resembles a 2008 limited release of a 1958 prototype.

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com\/sg101.user.photos\/q479Ocp9S3Sw7-0UmT58bw.jpg"}[/img2]

• Members

I think those are just the new "vintage" line models. Now called the "American Original" line (Instead of American Vintage. I've seen the blue model, at least, pop up elsewhere on the interwebs in relation to the recent announcement from Fender of a new '60s Jazzmaster

https://reverb.com/news/fender-replaces-american-vintage-series-with-new-american-original-line

I was invited to a Fender press preview event back in November in Hollywood, where they announced (under press embargo) the new American Original series (and a few other things that are still embargoed until the first day of NAMM), and I can honestly tell you that they didn't reveal a 60th anniversary Jazzmaster model at that event. That doesn't mean they aren't going to release one - they still might at NAMM - I just know that it wasn't revealed in advance, and I've heard zero about an anniversary model. :idk:

It may not be the anniversary model you were hoping for, but the new American Original series does indeed include a Jazzmaster with a bound neck, dot inlays, and a 60s C shaped neck with a 9.5" radius.

https://www.fender.com/products/elec...rican-original

I have played the new models (briefly) and liked what I heard / saw. We're already on the list to review a few of them, but since I reviewed an American Professional Jazzmaster not too long ago, I think I requested a Jaguar to check out this time around, plus a Tele, and a bass... and some other stuff that still hasn't been announced yet...

Stay tuned. :):snax:

• Members

I have no knowledge obviously. I wonder about that tweed case in the background.

If the consensus of this thread is true - I wonder if that case is an after-market tweed case

manufactured and released before its guitar reaches the market.

:idk:

Or is that an actual Fender 60th anniversary Jazzmaster tweed case?

If so -- why would it be displayed absent the actual guitar?

Which of those two guitars would be period-correct to 1958? Let's see:

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/images.reverb.com\/image\/upload\/s--c2NoJN6D--\/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_1600,q_80,w_1600\/v1515520958\/medmbmsh6c3gm21z8udp.jpg"}[/img2]

58 JM? check

sunburst? check

black pickup covers? check

gold anodized pickguard? check

Tele-style knobs? check

--

Could it be that the blue JM is the American Orig. model and the sunburst one is the 60th ann?

We have to wait and see. But it gets curiouser and curiouser.

I'm not denying that the sunburst looks suspiciously like a '58 reissue, especially when you take the case into consideration too - I'm only saying that I have not heard anything about such a model. That doesn't mean squat though - it's quite possible they will announce one at NAMM that they didn't announce to the press back in November.

I just saw evidence of why companies sometimes prefer to keep things quiet for as long as possible - I did a Google search for another unannounced new product that I already know about that's currently under press embargo (from a different company) and sure enough, some dealer already has a brief video about it up on their YouTube and Facebook pages. :freak::(

• Members

An announcement might dilute the excitement and enthusiasm Fender is trying to gin up for their new AO line?

I’m neither excited nor enthused. The only references to the 60th I’ve seen were on foreign sites. But the sunburst photo in post #1 is NOT an AO. It matches up well w/ a 1958.

• Members

I saw a NAMM preview pic on facebook yesterday that had the classic sunburst one in the OP, as well as a bunch of new/classic colored ones with matching headstocks and the one with the three Gretschy looking pickups. Besides the daphne blue, I think there was Fiesta Red and a Yellow one. From the ad you posted, it looks like they have similar specs to the American Originals and Thin Skin JM's with the 9.5" radius and tall frets.

I can't believe NAMM is going on and this is the only thread on EG that even kind of relates to it. WTF? At least there's spam for Makula Honey Skin Cream though. That's informative.

• Members

Here you are. Sweetwater is taking orders already on the sunburst.

There may be some serious discounts coming for Fender's other MiM Jazzmasters.

I've seen the Roadworn discounted as low as $699 at one store. Sweetwater discounted

mine to $799. And SW is not known for deep discounts.

MeU8N6fXP7g

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.kennysmusic.co.uk\/media\/wysiwyg\/60th-jm.jpg"}[/img2]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived