I am at a crossroad, what would you do

satmanjf@gmail.com

Personally? If I really liked the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, I'd keep it and save my shekels for a Strat.

I've traded in far too many guitars that I've later regretted. IMHO, it's always best to keep what you like, and save up for what you'd like to add.

And once you add a Strat, you'll have both bases covered - if you trade the LP, you'll be without a humbucker-equipped guitar, which probably isn't going to make you happy in the long run if you like Metal as well as softer stuff.

• Members

Thanks Phil I think thats good advice. Getting a bad case of GAS if ya know what I mean. My faves on fender would be gilmour, hendrix and stevie. Gibson would be Iommi, Zakk and many many more. Not trying to start the whole whos the best crap. Just my preference. So yea save and have it all is prob the best idea. Ive also heard that strats have a buzz, whats up with that ? Is it a single coil thing ? My hummers on the lp are quiet as hell. Lets not go " hummer " crazy dudes :)

• Members

A Strat is my preference. The older I get the less I like LP style guitars. I think it's the short scale and my big hands clashing. Plus I miss the sparkle and snap that singles give, especially on the low strings. Plus the pain to keep them in tune with that nut and headstock design. etc...

• Members

From the title of your thread I thought you were down at Highway 61 and 49, about to do a deal with the Devil. Maybe you are....

I'm a LP guy but then I'm not really an electric guitar player. I can see the appeal of owning a strat style guitar but every time I build one I end up giving it away. If you feel the need for single coils you can always split yours - two new pots and a little soldering.

• Members

An MIM Deluxe is a professional grade instrument. An MIM Standard will leave you wanting more. Best yet, is saving up for a used American Strat which will cost you $600 to $700.

Don't trade your Epiphone LP for a Strat, but if you do then be prepared to put a humbucker in it. If you put a good one in, it'll actually remind you a lot of the sound of a Les Paul.

Archived