1-Man Band

Verne Andru

• Members

The stars finally aligned allowing me to put together a quick guitar-gear demo - I call it my 1-Man Band. I was "winging it" so we got what we got.

I'm using a Beatbuddy drum pedal MIDI synced to a Pigtronix Infinity Looper, plus I'm running MIDI to my Proteus rack synth. There are 2 "rigs" - one clean and the other dirty which I switch between with a Radial Bigshot. Hope there's something in there of interest.

[video=youtube_share;qCyBFAz6wlQ]

• Members

Thanks for that Verne. Realize this is a gear demo but the synth sweeps are pulling my ears 'the wrong way' from the funk theme. I know from my own experience how you get used to your own combinations. Listening retrospectively to some of my early 4 track efforts I wish could "un mixdown" some of it, but alas I can't re do them now because my voice has changed. over the last 25 years.

That said I would like to see a lot more people putting what they do up here, as you are, so that we get to know each other better, and might even choose people to jam with from our localities.

Best

C.

• Members

Thanks C. I was admittedly "making it up as I went" and not all ideas work as well as others. But that is the beauty of this type of setup. IMHO most brilliant discoveries happen by accident and it's difficult in a band situation - where egos tend to abound - to really play outside the box and experiment with new things. Plus I was doing a solo 3 camera shoot so my attention was a bit diverted due to too many hats, but that should get better with practice.

Glad you liked it and thanks for responding!

Archived