Have PRS S2 Custom 24. Is it worth upgrading to custom 24 bridge?

BiggRedd

• Members

I recently purchased an S2 Custom 24. I felt it was worth the extra money for the upgrades over the SE, so don't wanna get into that. But I did notice they use a cast bridge vs machined bridge that the more expensive Custom has. I've seen new replacements of the higher quality for around $370 give or take. Would I notice anything substantially better if I upgraded? I'm happy with the tuners and the pickups so far so don't have any plans to mod that but feel the bridge might be the most important part to me if I'm gonna do any upgrades to it.

• Members
Bear in mind that I'm cheap but IMHO $370 is a lot of money for a bridge. You can get a good' date=' well made Strat style bridge for half what you're considering paying and I'm not sure the change would even be audible.[/quote']

Hell, you can get a good used mexican strat for that kind of money.

I'm in the camp of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

• Members

You may get some more sustain, may darken the tone a little. Ultimately, is it worth 4 Benjamins with tax? For me, Ive had the same Licensed Floyd on my Beast for 15 years. I might get a little more out of an OFR, but the Beast sounds amazing the way it is, so it's not worth the $$ right now to me. If my Licensed wears out, sure. It is also, IMO, justifiable if you're constantly thinking that it Could be better and are just simply not satisfied. But if it sounds awesome the way it is, that's a hefty price tag for something that may not be that noticeable.

Archived