Yet another NGD for RaVen....

RaVenCAD

• Members

Y'all getting tired of these yet? I know I'm not! Here is my lovely Ibanez JEM70V. I have always wanted a Jem, and this one certainly hasn't disappointed. I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, nor given it a proper setup, but it feels amazing in my hands. I've owned many Japanese made Ibanez guitars, and this Indonesian made one compares very favorably. Can't wait to plug it in later tonight.

• Members

I've actually had surprisingly good luck with Indonesian guitars. Couple pricier Yamaha's and I can't remember what all, but I've yet to have one that needed something fixed out of the box. I can't say that about all my MIKs, MICs or MIAs

I think the Japanese Mfr's do some damn good oversight of their MII production goods.

• Members

I've owned like 4 Japanese Ibanez guitars (RG1570, RG2570, a couple more I can't recall), 3-4 Korean models (RGT42, SZ520QM, RG5EX1?) and 1 Indonesian (S 25th anniversary) before this. The only one I've kept is the Indonesian one and it's a very beloved guitar to me. Hopefully this one will be much the same.

• Moderators

Indonesia is now very much on a par with many Korean factories, better than some, and not quite up to factories like Peerless. But I haven't seen an Indonesian guitra that has many faults.

Having said that, they again have a long tradition of hand-building stringed instruments.

I love the colour, love the guitar, would have preffered some plain fretboard markers, but that's just being picky

• Moderators
Not a fan of the color but the fret board is cool.

There's some company in China who does allot of those vine type inlays. My buddy has an acoustic that's done with a highly ornate version of it that's very well done.

The home of shell fretboard inlays and all shell work is Vietnam, and then of course China has been turning out inlaid lacquer furniture for years.

Archived