Another NAD - Deluxe Edition!

RaVenCAD

• Members

Well folks, this amp acquisition took a strange turn. As I said before, this was acquired as a trade. I swapped my Fender Mustang IV for the Hot Rod Deluxe. Straight trade, no boot, which was already a really good deal on my part. Then I was watching Craigslist (as always) and I saw the Mustang IV posted for sale. I texted the guy and it turns out he just didn't like it with his band. One practice session and he wanted something else. He now wants to buy a Marshall DSL40C and he just wants the Mustang gone for cash. So I shot him a lowball offer expecting him to say no. He took it. So in the end, I acquired a like-new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for a grand total out of my pocket of only $200. My kind of deal....

• Members
He said he wanted a solid state amp that does a great clean sound. So now he's buying a Marshall DSL40... Yeah, good luck with that..

Why no love for a Hot Rod?

my laney lc15r sounds better than the blues jr i tried, has more features and was cheaper

my peavey classic 30 sounds better than the hotrod deluxe i played in a rented rehearsal space, was one of those models which were almost on full volume when on 3. oh and the peavey was also cheaper :)

they sound somehow sterile and not so warm and nice like a princeton or a deluxe (reverb), yeah the hot rods are less than half the price.

they are somehow the modern fender amps, i don't know, i like the old ones but not the new...

same with marshall i love a 50w jcm800, but i can't get to like a DSL....

my current setup is a sovtek midget50h (very jcm like) in stereo with a byoc tweed royal, which is a deluxe/princeton clone i soldered myself

Archived