Semi/epi sheraton type guitars?

Abztract

• Members

So I was thinking about trying to get a post 2015 epiphone sheraton (apparently when they switched to the gibson made humbuckers with coil tapping) but wondered if you guys could suggest anything else by way of an alternative? Looking for something around that same price range, £400-£500 on the used market or £600 new. I am guessing theres loads of alternatives, what can you guys suggest?

• Members

I really like the Yamaha SA503-TVL

It's a little bit of a different animal, but what can I say, it plays and sounds better than my (limited) experience with Epiphone Semihollows.

See if you can find one used. I an Epiphone, the Riviera P-93 is similar, and I also own one of those, but the Yamaha is superior.

• Members

Gretch G5420T, give one a try.

You can ditch out the pups later and drop in a set of TV Jones classics, but the newer Blacktop pups are not bad. If you go back too many years the pups are different and not as good. I have 2 Gretsch guitars from the pro collection and they are lovely.

Could be another option, but it's a hollowbody, not a semi hollowbody.

[video=youtube;DhUYvSon99E]

[video=youtube;8qu_Vs6PY-4]

[video=youtube;HahycryNmBw]

• Members

I think the Ibanez Artcores sound and play better out of the box, and they're inexpensive.

I have a Gibson 339, and the smaller body is very comfortable for me. The Epi version with coil taps is very attractive, though I've never actually played one.

Archived