Do it youselfers? Check it out!

guitarcapo

• Members

A couple of quotes taken from the body of the text

"These are all at the very least scuffed up with minor scratches, at the worst they either need luthier skills to finish or need to be stripped and refinished."

"These are FINAL SALES. You buy it, you own it… you deal with it."

As we've said before, finishing is the hardest part of a home build but this could be a good way to learn.

• Members

I'm going to carve some hardwood and fill the dovetail pocket. Then glue it together and French polish. I just hope that heel covers the work so I can use a clear finish. Come to think of it I could also fill the tenon part with a mahogany block, build up the neck area as well and make it a dovetail joint all over again....but that would be more work.

• Members

I did mess up on the my last set neck build. After gluing on the neck I found out it was about 2 degrees off and had to start over. That was a good but frustrating learning moment. I think I'll get the parts anyway and set it aside for a future build. I have a furniture project that I need to do first.

Thanks for the heads up Capo.

• Members
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Factory-Buyout-Clearance-Sale_c_410.html

Ridiculous savings. I just picked up an electric archtop body and fretted neck for the cost of a decent set of pickups.

I bought pickups, bodies ( some requiring little rework), various guitar parts from GFS and Dragon Fire guitar parts. Great deals / quality.

Gear snobs hate it, when a home assembled guitar kit surpasses their "brand name guitar".Many of these and other companies, are giving us "do it yourselfers " a way to make good quality instruments and let us learn how to understand what it takes to make a great instrument.

Enjoy !!!!

Archived