Looks like Tom Anderson are getting some corporate "love"

Grant Harding

• Members

I was wondering when Gibson was going to try to crush them for making the Bulldog model. That's sad because I was saving up for one. :(

Oh well - there are other options. The Cobra model does the same thing without the lawyers able to attack. I expect this thread will be a problem too I guess.

• Members

I think it's about how good their guitars are, their small size, are and the fact that they're made in the USA. These add up to an easy target for a behemoth.

This won't put me off. I don't care what the styling is - I just want a 24.75 scale and the best grade & quality available.

• Members
Yeah - the Bulldog is definitely very LP' date=' so they're well within their rights to selectively squash this sort of thing or demand payment to use the design.[/quote']

The basic shape is similar but the construction is much different.

The Bulldog actually looks more like the GS-500, made for Roland by FujiGen, to go with the GR-500 guitar synth.

• Members
Wow that is insanely beautiful and not really all that Les Paulish IMO. How did PRS beat the heat?

OK just read the small print - that's the cobra not the bulldog which I assume is very LPish.

PRS claimed to be insulted by the comparison because the quality of their guitars was much better.

I would think a single cutaway solid body that is basically the shape of a standard guitar would be somewhat generic.

Archived