Hello and are there Any Flying Banana or Samurai owners here?

Luthier-Atlanta

• Members

I just joined up folk’s; I have come across tons of informative information on this site in my many searches for various guitars. I didn’t see any introduction section so I will just say hello here, some may know me from other forums. I am a part time Luthier and a part time collector as well.

I have just made a recent shift in my collecting and have always dug the older stuff but hadn’t really deviled into collecting any until here of late.

So, my first guitar was and still is a Yamaha HE700SE 1980 model. She is in mint condition and I am the second owner of her. But enough of that, this last week I purchased several older collectable Yamaha's and wanted to see if anyone else here had any Flying Bananas or Samurai here?

I just got this Bass last night and have two more guitars showing up this week. I will post up the pictures of the others as they arrive, they are a SGV800 and a EGV103C.

2000 SBV 500 Flying Banana

003_zps8a801867.jpg

007_zps8ad45ebf.jpg

002_zps702fc93d.jpg

005_zpse79b5de3.jpg

• Members
Not only do I not have one' date=' I've never heard of any of these models until today. I must say though that I find them disturbingly attractive. And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that you have a Brazilian Rosewood board on the last one posted.[/quote']

Yes it is Brazilian Rosewood ++++

• Members

Other than cost,,, I hadn't had time to research out that aspect as of yet.

Be interested if anyone knows. I can see they have a slightly different shape where the neck joins the body and, of course the new ones don't say "Nippon Gakki" on the headstock, but apart from that they look like they might be identical.

Oh wait a sec, the pickup switch is different too; just noticed that. See, this is why I could never be a forensic detective :)

• Members

Had this SGV 800; sold it, and was so upset about letting it go later that I have not sold a guitar since. Given away, yes. Sold, no.

Where'd you 'come across' them? I've been looking for a replacement for eons, the closest I got was one of the MIC cheapies, though it has a nice (if tiny) neck.

76873005d1cd9a7196b38e1e33155cc7.jpg.76a31f6ec97b76da8e1d0928e5dea1d3.jpg

e17139c2ccc2dc8d6831c6a4ffd83388.thumb.jpg.54e3dad26d51bed92cf9e1eaf08ed651.jpg

• Members

Not that I'd seriously considered selling it before but, reading between the lines here I get the idea that original 60's Yammy "flying samurai" SGs are hard to find and/or pricey. Anyone know what sort of figure I should put on my 1967 model if I were to put it on the market?

• Members
Not that I'd seriously considered selling it before but' date=' reading between the lines here I get the idea that original 60's Yammy "flying samurai" SGs are hard to find and/or pricey. Anyone know what sort of figure I should put on my 1967 model if I were to put it on the market?[/quote']

They are around $1300 + on eBay.

• Members
Had this SGV 800; sold it, and was so upset about letting it go later that I have not sold a guitar since. Given away, yes. Sold, no.

Where'd you 'come across' them? I've been looking for a replacement for eons, the closest I got was one of the MIC cheapies, though it has a nice (if tiny) neck.

eBay, Goodwill and Craigslist.

• Members

They are around $1300 + on eBay.

Thanks - that much eh? Mine is the first half-decent guitar I bought, used, for around 50 GBP back in 73 or 74 - having had a terrible cheapo before that - and it's served me well over the years. It's kinda in retirement now though.

• Members

Thanks - that much eh? Mine is the first half-decent guitar I bought, used, for around 50 GBP back in 73 or 74 - having had a terrible cheapo before that - and it's served me well over the years. It's kinda in retirement now though.

This on there now for $1200 there was another last week for $1300 and change,,

Mouse over image to zoom

• [TABLE=class: img]
    [TR]
    [TD=class: tdThumb] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

[/TD]

[/TR]