string alignment

aomega2

• Members

This might seem like a basic question but.....I recently (yesterday) purchased a Godin LGXT guitar and noticed (today) that the strings do not go over the (magnet) poles in the seymour duncan pickups at the pridge - especially on the high E side. Is there a criterian or specification that strings have to bisect these poles at some point? I have 4 other electrics (2 fender Am Dlx, Ibanez JS, and Esp Ec-1000 and on ALL of these other guitars the strings cross over the poles - maybe not in the center - but the strings at least cross them. Do I need to take this back and have them adjust?

Thanks

• Members

I have an older Westminster Strat copy and the E and A strings don't line up with the poles on the neck and middle pickup.
I have been thinking on getting a Godin xtsa guitar and will looking at this closely now that you mention it..thanks

• Members

I had a Fender Strat with a Floyd Rose that had a humbucker bridge pickup that didn't line up. So, I bought a Duncan trembucker that did line up, and I couldn't determine any difference. I think the magnetic field extends beyond the pole pieces. Granted, it is hard to A-B a pickup; but, if it sounds good, I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived