My D'Adarrio's keep unraveling

MoreCowbell

• Members

I rarely ever break strings, maybe 1 or 2 a year with steady gigging. Years ago I used some D'Addario's and they kept unraveling at the ball end. So I swiched brands and played for years, no problems. In fact, I forgot all about my weird D'Addario experience, until I just tried them again and guess what? Every high E (anything from an 8 to a 10, all the same) starts to unravel at the ball end half way into my set, until it finally lets go altogether. It's like the twist knot won't hold or something. It bums me out, because I really like how they sound, but I'm not going to solder every string before a show. BTW, Ernie Balls never give me problems, but they seem to go dead quickly.

Anyone else have that problem. I'm afraid to use them anymore, I don't need the headache.

• Members

I had that problem not very long ago after years of no trouble with D'Addarios. D'addario replaced my strings, just had to send in the bad sets...apparently there may have been a bad run or something. Go to their website and e-mail them.

Since that batch, I have had no problems.

• Members

I think I remember seeing a thread on this awhile back, people were talking about a bad run of strings. My thing is, I tried them a number of years ago and had the the exact same trouble. That's why with my most recent experienceI never bothered to send them back, I just soldered the ones I had left and didn't buy any more. Maybe I'll try them again one day, just at home and see how it goes. No way would I feel comfortable about gigging with them right away again. It's a bummer, I really liked how they sounded.

Can you guys let me know how it goes with yours? You can email me at mkochman@cox.net, or just throw up a post on here.

Archived