URGENT Gibson & Guitarsale.com

keith335

• Members

I just got off of the phone with one of the sales people at music machine or guitarsale.com. I was putting money down on a lp. He told me that people had to have them paid off by 4-26 or they would loose the instument and NOT get their money back!!! Thank God my check hasn't gotten there yet and I can cancel it at the bank. Man how sad. To be sure they can't do this to people who have put money down. Please spread the word so no ones looses anything.

• Members

I can't imagine that it is either, but if they go under. They sold all their remaining Gibsons to one of the larger internet dealers who is coming to get them all. It is my understanding that if you have one on layaway that they are going to put it on the truck. I know, I can't fathon doing bussiness that way either. Gibson really stuck it to thier number one dealer didn't they?

• Members

Originally posted by keith335

I can't imagine that it is either, but if they go under. They sold all their remaining Gibsons to one of the larger internet dealers who is coming to get them all. It is my understanding that if you have one on layaway that they are going to put it on the truck. I know, I can't fathon doing bussiness that way either. Gibson really stuck it to thier number one dealer didn't they?

supposedly music123.com is getting all their remaining inventory.

• Members

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just repeating what the salesperson told me. I had just sent a check priority mail for $400.00. Thank God it hasn't gotten there yet, so I can cancell it. They should have: A) sold all inventory to 123 taken the Gibson part of the site down B) kept selling on a pay all at once policy then ship C) sell including lay a ways and honor all lay a ways selling the rest on unsold Gibsons to 123 and keeping laid a wayed Gibsons untill buyer pays for instument. This isn't brain surgery. Gibson is rubbing off on these guys.

• Members

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just repeating what the salesperson told me. I had just sent a check priority mail for $400.00. Thank God it hasn't gotten there yet, so I can cancell it. They should have: A) sold all inventory to 123 taken the Gibson part of the site down B) kept selling on a pay all at once policy then ship C) sell including lay a ways and honor all lay a ways selling the rest on unsold Gibsons to 123 and keeping laid a wayed Gibsons untill buyer pays for instument. This isn't brain surgery. Gibson is rubbing off on these guys.

They are a pretty well known group for fair dealing...I would be really surprised if they wouldn't refund any deposits or layaways

• Members

If I'm right they were Gibson's top seller for like two of the last three years. I'm going back to Chuck Levins if they will work with me on the price. The quoted a R8 for 2229 the same as the R7 goldtop.

Music machine, Dave's, Wildwood were all top selling dealers who basically left as a result of the change in internet sales.

The one who is really going to feel the pinch is Centre City...they don't rep any other brands of electrics IIRC.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

Music machine, Dave's, Wildwood were all top selling dealers who basically left as a result of the change in internet sales.

The one who is really going to feel the pinch is Centre City...they don't rep any other brands of electrics IIRC.

Actually, they (CC) do carry some other stuff, but it's like Stagg, Minarak (sp?), and a few others that I can't remember. Also handles Marshall and Vox amps.

I make it a point to visit with Saul every time I'm in San Diego, usually once every three months. He seemed to be doing OK, but did confess that he'd like to open a restaurant with no menus, just making what he knows are your favorite dishes. I thought that was kinda cool.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

Actually Saul now carries PRS and has already taken delivery of a couple killer high-end pieces. Also, he is in talks with Gibson to possibly become the first Gibson outlet.

• Members

speaking of them, I can see myself buying the R7 from Saul. Has anyone ever done bussiness with him. He seems pretty cool over the phone.

Saul is a great guy to deal with . I have bought about 6 or 7 left hand gibby's from him . I have always got a good deal from him too . If there were more gibby's I really wanted bad I would call him .

I live in Michigan so no I don't work for him either . :) .

• Members

Sounds like the guy probably did you a favor. In an off hand way he probably let you know they were filing for Bankruptcy. He knew you would stop payment. Thanks for the heads up though. Once they file everybody gets nothing. Just the IRS wins.

Are they under protection now? I have never heard of them.

• Members

Dude, Not only would I not play with someone like about something so serious, I wouldn't bare false witness against people like this. Unless I missunderstood him and I'm sure I didn't he clearly told me that he was going to have to tell people that unless they could pay off thier instrument before the truck from music123 came to pick them up they would not only loose that chace to get the instrument but not get thier money back either. I would call them as soon as I could. it is 8:19 there now.

• Members

OK so you buy and finish paying for the instrument you laid the money down on. It is like Seingfield told the airline lady, "the reservation keeps the car......." I would get real serious with them. If someone doesn't have the money to pay it off they just don't have it. Why the hell can't they just keep the guitar in the stock room until paid for? I thought I had the R7 for 2000. I would have never been able to pay it off after only putting 400 down. I'm so glad my check didn't get there. I went to the bank and took my money out so the check would never clear. The bank wanted to charge me $29 to stop payment on a check.

• Members

In no way am I trying to bad mouth these folks. I honestly believe that they are genuinely trying to do right by everybody. The particular salesguy I did bussiness with was honest and tried to help me get into the guitar I really wanted. They are not shady at all. GIBSON screwed them by cutting them off of their main product. I can't imaging running a music store and not having Gibsons. I'd try PRS, Fender the new Fernandes with Marshall, Mesa, and Fender amps. As much as I hate the way Gibson is doing things these days, the make a good gitfiddle. Hamer will not fill in the gap. PRS might.

• Members

According to some guys over at the LPF, the owner of MM is saying if you've got $$ down on a guit, you'll either get the guit or the $$....He even posted an email from the owner telling folks with questions to call him...that's what I'd do.

• Members

Thanks I went and read it. They are bassically questioning my veracity which I resent. All I know is I sen't $400 which was right at 20-25% of the asking price for the R7. One guy asnwered the phone and told me that if I wasn't paying it off we had a big problem. When I finally got up with my personal salesperson whom I like alot, he told me that because I couldn't pay for it before the 26 the deal was off. He then told me he had the very difficult job of tellinig all his customers that they needed to pay their guitars off by then or loosing the guitar and NOT getting their money back. I told him to tear up my check. That is all I know. It doesn't look good when you call them and the phone has been diconected. Lets just say I hope everyone gets their respective instrument and I believe you will. Me, I'm very dissapointed because I don't think music 123 will sell me one for 2000.

• Members

Registrant:

Woodwind and Brasswind

4004 Technology Dr

South Bend, IN 46628

US

Phone: 574-251-3509

Domain Name: GUITARSALE.COM

Music 123 now owns the domain and have employed the MM owner Dave Carpenter. I believe he has sold the store front but to another entity but it will retain it's staff.

musicmachineguitars.com, this registrant is the same Jason who works at MM:

Registrant Contact

Name: rick d van heel

Address: 212 w. kennewick ave

kennewick, wa 99336

US

Email Address: jason@guitarsale.com

Oh yeah, and that's MM's physical address :)

The Gibsons going to Music123 thing is part of the deal of the sale, and considering MM aren't going to be Gibson dealers anymore they probably don't give a {censored} about them anyways. HOWEVER, as pointed out above, all customers layaways will be honoured.

Archived