GFS Wiring diagram -PLEASE!!!

• Moderators

Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

Did you try sending an email to guitarfetish? They're really good about answering questions.
:thu:

Yup, did that too. According to a tech site the wire colours are identical to SDs.....but I wanted to check

South polarity/screw pole pieces = Green start and red finish

North polarity/slug pole pieces = Black start, white finish.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Europe rocks:thu:

Thanks Arkay, I am beholden to you sir.

Sean

Yeah, Europe rocks so much that I have to order my pups in the US hehe :D

You're welcome.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Scanned it for you.

gfs.jpg

Came with the Alnico Fat Paf Boutique.

fwiw, that's the reverse of SD wiring for the hot & ground....SD: Hot=black, Ground=Green. If you wire it up and it sounds weird when in a middle/combo switch position, swap the hot and ground connections.

• Members

That means I should look like a cross bewteen Phil Lynott and Ritchie Blackmore, when in fact I look like.....erm, Jack Nicholson and Brad Dourif:cry:

I don't look like him at all, don't worry! :)

I'm a lot chubbier.

• Moderators

Originally posted by k4df4l

fwiw, that's the reverse of SD wiring for the hot & ground....SD: Hot=black, Ground=Green. If you wire it up and it sounds weird when in a middle/combo switch position, swap the hot and ground connections.

Why would it sound weird in the middle position? Won't it show up with individual pups. This is quite interesting as when I was reading some HC reviews a while ago, some guy said they sound pathetic and tinny, to which a further reviewer replied that he'd obviously wired them incorrectly.

I got the info from here:

http://www.has-sound.com/info.htm

It appears that SD, GFS and Gotoh are all the same.

What does "hot" refer to? Just the wire that goes to the potentiometer control?

• Members

Why would it sound weird in the middle position? Won't it show up with individual pups. This is quite interesting as when I was reading some HC reviews a while ago, some guy said they sound pathetic and tinny, to which a further reviewer replied that he'd obviously wired them incorrectly.

I got the info from here:

It appears that SD, GFS and Gotoh are all the same.

What does "hot" refer to? Just the wire that goes to the potentiometer control?

out of phase...and you need to have two pups for one to be out of phase with the other.

Hot refers to the positive side of the circuit.

• Moderators

OK, wired!! This is the Signature LP (MIJ) I got last week, now complete with GFS FAT PAFS. I love this guitar, full thickness mahogany, with 3/4" plain maple cap, Gotoh electronics, and gorgeous finish. When plain tops are this pretty, who needs flaming.

zeb1.jpg

I'll put some more pics up when its back in action.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sean

• Members

OK, wired!! This is the Signature LP (MIJ) I got last week, now complete with GFS FAT PAFS.

Lookin' sweet! :thu:

Be sure and let us know what you think of those pups... I'm thinking my next trick is gonna be a Lester- type rigged for classic rock. I got good results with the retrotrons, so I'm curious to know about the fat PAFs.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Suspicious Mail

Lookin' sweet!
:thu:

Be sure and let us know what you think of those pups... I'm thinking my next trick is gonna be a Lester- type rigged for classic rock. I got good results with the retrotrons, so I'm curious to know about the fat PAFs.

I took thse out of my Ibanez S470. The Ibanez stock pups are known for being not bad, but very bland. The S470 as you know is a mahogany body, but only has meat down the centre and thins out very much to the edges, to enable the sound of mahogany without the weight. OK, the Signature is full thickness solid mahogany with a full thickness cap, and these pups now sound like completely different pups. They squeal like a stuck pig, have big but well controlled bass, gorgeous punchy tight midrange and well FAT, yes fat and powerful. The bridge is very capable in both beefy pumping ryhthm and soaring leads, but the neck makes you want to just play it all night. These are made for solid lumps of mahogany, I'm quite stunned that although I've played them quite a lot in the S470, I now seem to have a new set of pups. If LP style guitars can get better than this I'd like to hear one. I'll try, although I dont know how to sort out a sound clip....whats the easiest way? I aint got any decent mic or anything.

I refuse to say theyre good for the price. These pickups are good at any price!

Archived