Hello Kitty Stratocaster - Degayitzing it

mjc600

• Members

Honestly... I want it. I fully intend to upgrade the kittycaster with hardware and electronics. That's not the point of the thread though.

Has anyone tried one? How was it? More importantly, have you removed the pickguard? How much of a cavity is left exposed? Is there anything clever I could do to the pickguard to make it look .... not gay? Maybe cut it into a less distinct shape and remove the cat face? Replace it? Remove it entirely? Any help??? :confused:

Thanks! :wave:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by ylwledbetter68

To make it not gay you'd have to go to such extremes that you might as well buy a different guitar.

I knew I would get that...

But it has one knob and one humbucker and a maple fretboard and comes in black with a strat body and neck with no tremelo! It's almost perfect! Except the pickguard that pumps estrogen into the amp.

• Members

Originally posted by mjc600

I knew I would get that...

But it has one knob and one humbucker and a maple fretboard and comes in black with a strat body and neck with no tremelo! It's almost perfect! Except the pickguard that pumps estrogen into the amp.

My guess is that it's routed only for the existing humbucker; But it could be cool to get a blank piece of pickguard material and cut out a cool modern shape, I'd think.

Make sure you read every sentence of every page of this website, though. If you come out hetero, you've got a shot.

http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/

• Members

Honestly... I want it. I fully intend to upgrade the kittycaster with hardware and electronics. That's not the point of the thread though.

Has anyone tried one? How was it? More importantly, have you removed the pickguard? How much of a cavity is left exposed? Is there anything clever I could do to the pickguard to make it look .... not gay? Maybe cut it into a less distinct shape and remove the cat face? Replace it? Remove it entirely? Any help???
:confused:

Thanks!
:wave:

you are gay for asking - now free yourself, sister!

• Members

Originally posted by ylwledbetter68

My guess is that it's routed only for the existing humbucker; But it could be cool to get a blank piece of pickguard material and cut out a cool modern shape, I'd think.

The pickguard only touch the humbucker on the very bottom. So is most of the big ass cat head on wood? If that is the case, it would be very to remove most of it. Or I could just paint the pickguard black to match.

• Members

Originally posted by Banded-Morwong

I seriously intend to buy one, Tune it to A and play a nile cover on it one day

I want to drop some neon green dimarzios in mine and do 80's style thrash with it.

especially.... Judas Priest... ;)

Originally posted by RUExp?

Do you realize that it has "Hello Kitty" painted across the back?

eh yeah, minor detail... the cat NEEDS to go

• Members

Honestly... I want it. Is there anything clever I could do to the pickguard to make it look .... not gay?

It is important for each individual to accept their sexuality, including their sexual orientation. Be proud of who you are! Stand tall.