what gauge strings do you use on your baritone?

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

O have a couple sets of Danelectro Bari strings from when I owned a Danelectro Bari guitar. They're the same gauge as the Daddarios, and I always suspected that they were rebranded Daddarios anyway.

(I tried to delete the spammy version of this post before anyone saw it, but you're fast, man.)

• Members

O have a couple sets of Danelectro Bari strings from when I owned a Danelectro Bari guitar. They're the same gauge as the Daddarios, and I always suspected that they were rebranded Daddarios anyway.

i don't have the baritone yet. i'm just doing recon for when i get one.

• Members
I actually always liked the 14-68 better than the LaBella set with the 70 on the bottom. I know LaBella claims that their set is well-balanced but I like the feel of the Dano/Daddario gauges better.

then there's Ernie Ball who does 13 to 72.

were you ever able to fit Bass VI strings on that thing? part of me wants to use this set:

juststrings_1993_25333585

• Members

Well, Danelectro made a Bass VI that looked a lot like the Bari (sometimes you'll see them being sold as Baritones), and the VIs could definitely withstand those EB gauges.

(The VIs can be distinguished by their metalflake finishes and their more heavy duty tuners.)

• Members

those are nearly impossible to find.

i'll be getting one of the new '63 reissues.

Img1400.gif

Really, I think you'll find 14-70 or 14-68 substantial enough for your musical cravings, but, otherwise, I believe you'll have to file that aluminum nut to accommodate 90s, and you'll probably need to modify the bridge, as well.

• Members

Really, I think you'll find 14-70 or 14-68 substantial enough for your musical cravings, but, otherwise, I believe you'll have to file that aluminum nut to accommodate 90s, and you'll probably need to modify the bridge, as well.

i was thinking of tuning it E to E, which is why i ask.

• Members

Does anyone make a baritone set with a .016 E string? I'm looking to build a baritone, but I want the feel to be consistent with my other guitars (I use .011's tuned standard).

The only ones I've seen so far are acoustic bronzewounds, and I'm not sure if I want that sound.

Archived