Post pics of your uncommon/rare guitars

peavey_impact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sweet! Is that a factory finish? Never seen one painted like that!
:thu:

Not quite...I suppose you could call it "custom"...it was a beater before, and I'm sort of kicking myself for refinishing it. I decided that I like battle scars.

• Members

at1all.jpg

It's a Jackson AT-1. They show up every now and then on eBay, but this one is one of (supposedly) 20 that made it out with the 4x2 tuners before EBMM sent Jackson a cease-and-desist letter over it. It also has "deeper" figuring than most of the trans finish versions, and sort of a mutant flame/quilt pattern. Unlike the production Jacksons of the past several years, it has a thick maple cap rather than a veneer.

• Members

at1all.jpg

It's a Jackson AT-1. They show up every now and then on eBay, but this one is one of (supposedly) 20 that made it out with the 4x2 tuners before EBMM sent Jackson a cease-and-desist letter over it. It also has "deeper" figuring than most of the trans finish versions, and sort of a mutant flame/quilt pattern. Unlike the production Jacksons of the past several years, it has a thick maple cap rather than a veneer.

:love:

• Members

ex2q2.jpg

Heartfield EX-2 set-neck

Of the 16 in the world resurfaced at Heartfield-Central.com it is one of

two that is this color. Everything else is amber or a burst. Two of the

16 are prototypes that are red. So 1 out of 2 in this color out of 14 isn't

bad.

I'm sure there are more out there but the Elan sort of took over for this

type and there were a lot more of those.

Another shot:

ex2-sunset.jpg

These guitars were all built by Fujigen in a weird experiment with Fender and Ibanez.

Oddly, the Elan is still available as a Fujigen guitar in Japan today but not this one.

• Members

7.jpg

1997 Jackson SL2 Deep Candy Red from a production run of 250.

They made special Jackson Soloist neckthru models in 1996-1997 - no

inlays on fretboard but a bound neck, silk screened logo, two Kent

Armstrong humbuckers and chrome hardware.

They also did runs of 250 of black, gray, and yellow in addition to red.

• Members

Have not come across another one of these. MIJ Ibanez roadstar rg440 kind of like a 540 in the contours but not exactly the same, edge bridge.

245202385.jpg

Next an Ibanez rg 560 m, only see one other. Second from the bottom and the proline 1550 at the bottom is not that common either. The one on top is an original 1987 550 and the next down is a aanj version of the 550.

201067819.jpg

Archived