Dokken reunites 11/29/09 House of Blues Anaheim

Lost_Cause

• Members

I didn't see this anywhere else. Sorry if it is out there but...Sound not so great but.... Always loved the studio version of this band. Live they could never quite pull it off. Still pretty good just not quite there. They really needed a rhythm guitarist IMHO. The other vid have the same sound problems but still worth it. Jeff Pilson sings better than Don on this. From what I can hear George sounds pretty good. This song is one of my favorites. Makes me feel like I am 14 or so.

They must have something in the works otherwise why do this?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Watching also made me feel like I was in high school again, seeing the four of them together. Ah, nostalgia. I love Dokken, but both Don and George are way past their prime. Dokken's current guitarist, Jon Levin, puts George to shame. I know George wants a reunion bad, but I kind of hope Don keeps Jon Levin. His playing on their last cd was incredible. George just sounds bored and uninspired these days. Plus, I don't see Jeff leaving his great gig with Foreigner to play with Dokken again, unless it's around his schedule.

• Members

Umm. Yeah.

I remember them in '86, just before heading off to freshman year in college. I want to say that Honeymoon Suite opened up. On the river in Manchester (Manch-Vegas) NH.

The roadie doing the sound check on the mike "oh, I think the Donner's going to like this one" and the crowd laughing at him. Then being surprised that the Donner's hair was going thin. Hence the baseball cap the whole show.

The next day, walking around the mall with the concert tee (still in a drawer somewhere) giving the thumbs up to evryone else who was there, wearing their concert tees.

No, I dont know what we were thinking. I'm a little ashamed.

The next year, The Cult came through on the Electric tour. Now that's rock and roll

• Members

The best they ever sounded when I saw them was when they got back together after the first Don Dokken album and Lynch Mob stuff came out and they played Summerfest in Milwaukee on the rock stage in the early mid 90s??? Don was totally trashed. Starts the "Into the fire" intro the song before "Into the fire" and I yell "Have another beer Don" and he says, "I can't hear you." They actually sounded pretty good specially compared to the other times I saw them. Tooth and Nail, Under Lock and Key, Back for the Attack were way better than average 80's hair fare. They were kind of strangely cheesy compared to other bands of the era like Ratt or Great White especially their videos.

• Members

When did Don EVER have it?
:confused:

I always thought Dokken would have been a MUCH better band without Don Dokkens weak anemic sissy girly voice. Did I mention weak?

Good band. Lame singer.

I liked him back in the day. His singing fit what the band was. Now, he has to try too hard to hit the notes, just like every other old singer. I think Vince from Motley has lost even more pep than Don Dokken has though. Dude just cannot get even close.

• Members

I liked him back in the day. His singing fit what the band was. Now, he has to try too hard to hit the notes, just like every other old singer. I think Vince from Motley has lost even more pep than Don Dokken has though. Dude just cannot get even close.

even worse than vince is sebastian from skid row. I dont' know wtf it is with those 80s singers that just totally lose their voice and their range. I'm not a singer but as I've gotten older, my range has actually improved a little and I can hit notes and harmonies now that I couldn't in the past. :confused:

• Members

even worse than vince is sebastian from skid row. I dont' know wtf it is with those 80s singers that just totally lose their voice and their range. I'm not a singer but as I've gotten older, my range has actually improved a little and I can hit notes and harmonies now that I couldn't in the past.

Umm, no dude, Vince on his best day could never touch Baz on his worst, then, now or ever... have you heard Baz on the Frameshift release from 2-3 years ago? or even Angel Down ,while no masterpiece still features some pretty powerful vocals from Baz...

• Members

even worse than vince is sebastian from skid row. I dont' know wtf it is with those 80s singers that just totally lose their voice and their range. I'm not a singer but as I've gotten older, my range has actually improved a little and I can hit notes and harmonies now that I couldn't in the past.

That's due to the "cat in a blender" vocal style that so many bands from that era were hamstrung with. Nothing ruins a great guitar riff more than when those vocals come in (Ratt's "Lay it Down" is a great example).