Any PRS SE Owners? Lets See Them

key_daddy

• Members

Two things I like about this particular SE: The shorter scale length and the wide/fat neck carve. It is a killer, KILLER guitar. Never given me shit, always sounds good. Aside from bling, which it lacks, it holds its own fine against my USA PRS in terms of feel and sound. (I upgraded the pups)

PRSwithburstbuckers.jpg

PRSwithburstbuckers.jpg

PRSwithburstbuckersiiii.jpg

• Members

The family. I'm in the process of adding another volume pot to the Santana.

DSC04160.jpg

4160920498_5416d276ed_b.jpg

Where did you get that wrap around bridge? I haven't found one that can be intonated and has a low enough profile as the stock one. I think most wrap around bridges are made for Les Paul Juniors.

• Members

I've had three and they were all really good guitars.

SE Singlecut- I added gold hardware but the pups were the stock ones and sounded perfect.

SC4.jpg

SE EG- The stock pups were weak. Replaced with EMG SA set and made a new pickguard to relocate the knobs a bit.

EG11.jpg

SE Santana- A poor man's CU22. I replaced all the parts with USA PRS parts. HFS & VB pups, Phase II tuners, nut, pots, caps, & switch. The stock pups on this one were very bad but I bought it used and I'm not positive they were the originals.

DSCN2461.jpg

Before and after headstock shots:

DSC00008.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

The SE's are great guitars and killer modding platforms. The quality is superb and the fretwork and necks are far better than most other imports too IMO.

They are hard to beat for a solid, versatile, gigging guitaer.

• Members

I bought one of the PRS SE (SE = Student Edition) "Santana" models the first year they came out. I rather quickly noticed just how soft the wood was these were made from, as the body would ding real easily -- too easily in fact.

A couple of years later, I traded it away for one of the revamped version 2 PRS SE models when they first came out, a Custom SE 22. These version 2 PRS SE models are better. The version 2 PRS SE models have been manufactured for 3 or 4 years now by a different company than the first company in Korea.

• Members

I've had three and they were all really good guitars.

SE Singlecut- I added gold hardware but the pups were the stock ones and sounded perfect.

SC4.jpg

The SE's are great guitars and killer modding platforms. The quality is superb and the fretwork and necks are far better than most other imports too IMO.

They are hard to beat for a solid, versatile, gigging guitaer.

That looks great.

Top almost looks like it has a slight Carve to it, Or Is that just the picture?

• Members

The version 2 PRS SE models have been manufactured for 3 or 4 years now by a different company than the first company in Korea.

Can you back that up?

Every one I have seen has said the same thing on the back of the headstock.

First year Santana SE:

DSCN2476.jpg

2005 SE EG:

30U-13554_headstock-back-1.jpg

A brand new SE semi hollow soapbar at Elderly Instruments:

SECSHSB-BLK_headstock-back.jpg

• Members

Can you back that up?

Every one I have seen has said the same thing on the back of the headstock.

My 4 year old Custom 22 shows World Music as the manufacturer. I don't have the old Santana model any longer, but, I suspect is just like yours made by World Music. But the manufacturing is a noticeably better on my version 2 PRS SE and the grade of mahogany used is as good as Epiphone's that were made at World Miusic (hence: version 2).

• Members

Where did you get that wrap around bridge? I haven't found one that can be intonated and has a low enough profile as the stock one. I think most wrap around bridges are made for Les Paul Juniors.

Pigtail Music. I like the fact that it is entirely made of aluminum and is rock solid, but is lightweight. Was a little pricey though, but always worth it at the end of the day. However, the difference is only negligible unless you replace the stud anchors in the guitar itself (mine are steel and are also from pigtail - both fit perfectly. Threads line up perfectly and have no lean). Then you can really hear it ring!! :eek:

Can't just replace one weak chain in the link, so to speak. :poke:

Archived