Los Lonely Boys

Frets99

• Members

The only album of theirs I had was their third with Heaven on it. I first heard it on college radio before the song broke big. I instantly loved it. The basic song, the harmony, the lead playing. Far from the greatest song ever, but it certainly got my attention. Sort of like a blues player that had spent a lot of time listening to metal, but only took it as an slight influence rather than major one.

I've got nothing but love for Henry. :thu:

• Members

Great band. The rhythm unit is as strong as the guitar and really work well together. Songs are a great mix of influences. Every once in a while his singing is a weak spot...just a note here or there that I would have tweaked as a producer if I was in that chair but nothing major.

I buy everything they produce for sure.

Viva los hermanos Garza!

• Members

The only album of theirs I had was their third with Heaven on it. I first heard it on college radio before the song broke big. I instantly loved it. The basic song, the harmony, the lead playing. Far from the greatest song ever, but it certainly got my attention. Sort of like a blues player that had spent a lot of time listening to metal, but only took it as an slight influence rather than major one.

I've got nothing but love for Henry.
:thu:

Same story here. They're so unamazing that it's amazing, if that makes sense. They just play everything right w/ no frills. :thu:

• Members

The boys are my favorite young band. tasty leads, killer bottom end, tight groove and solid harmony and vocals. I would guess dad made sure his kids had a solid base and foundation to launch their music career on. I saw them live on south padre island a while a go ... great concert. Dad came up and played a couple songs with them. Family is a big part of their music.

They were killer live,,, Outdoors by the beach on a nice warm night. Texas heat opened for them. :thu:

• Members

As much as I want to love the Lonely Boys, I just don't get them. I'm happy they are successful in this day and age of American Idol and plastic singers, but I just find nothing remarkable about them. They just seem like a tight bar band that made it big.

Of course, I have NEVER understood Hootie and the Blowfish either. I find them so "blah." Someone out there is buying their albums, but it's not me.

Here, try this. If it doesn't get you moving, please check your pulse.

;)

[YOUTUBE]jNaSE0K-ZzA&feature=PlayList&p=A750EA6D59CDE088&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I like Santana quite a bit too but haven't listened to much since Supernatural. Is there anything you all would recommend I should pick up?

It seems like he does a lot of one-offs with other artists lately. "Game of Love" with Michelle Branch springs to mind.

• Members

Uncanny Santana connection. Having said that those dudes have talent oozing from their pores. Their vocals are what make them really stand out IMHO.

When I first heard this song about 2:05 mark, I had to go through my Santana collection to make sure it wasn't a cover. Not quite I guess.

[YOUTUBE]6NGAJLcxUJg[/YOUTUBE]

Compare to about the 1:25 mark here.

[YOUTUBE]2OR4QLHnLF0[/YOUTUBE]